Cameras and motorbikes

Nikki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm going to be heading off on a 7 day motorbike tour in Tasmania in November. Can anyone offer me any advice on packing and carrying my camera? Do you think I should get a hard case for it? It needs to be easily accessible as we will be travelling in a group and I don't want to hold everyone up while I'm still trying to unpack my camera!

Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nikki

TwistMyArm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.darn.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I used to have a hard case for my camera that I used when I went snowmobiling. I'd keep it in the back of my sled, but one day I pulled it out and I noticed my hot shoe had come off. I use a soft case now.
When I go mountain biking I use my soft case. I have one strap that goes over my shoulder and I attach another strap that I can put around my waist (almost like a seatbelt). I keep my camera fairly tight to my back, but angled in a way that I can reach around with one hand and pull out my camera when I need it. So far it's worked well for me.
Hope that helps you out..i realize that you're going to be on a motorbike, but I think this is pretty much the same principle.

Most reactions