Can anyone tell me what this is?

I think they nailed it. Green bug on a flower, and pretty nice shots of it too.

I can agree with everyone here :D

I just tried dropping the image in Google for a search and even the all mighty Google doesn't know...guess we will NEVER FIND OUT!!!! OMG, WHAT DO WE DO!?

Ya'll are just bein' silly now. I've seen those a lot before, OP: that's a daisy. With a bug on it. :lmao:

I just tried dropping the image in Google for a search and even the all mighty Google doesn't know...guess we will NEVER FIND OUT!!!! OMG, WHAT DO WE DO!?

Oh, Google KNOWS. It may have just decided we don't NEED to know. :lmao:

OP: On a serious note: How life-size is this? How big was the bug? There are some insect ID sites I've used before--with mixed success, I'll grant--to ID some of the insects I've shot. Might give it a try. Just google "insect ID" or something of that sort and try using one of the resultant sites.

It's a crossbred Lizard - bug.

Undiscovered species?
I would send in an ID request to bug guide

Seriously, I think it's an Aphid but I wouldn't swear to it. I have no clue what the flower is, I'll go with sm4him's Daisy claim.

Not a katydid. *Could* be an aphid of some sort, but I don't think so. Aphids usually have much longer antennae, and they have all the little hairs on their legs instead of those serrated edges to the legs.

EDIT: I think it's called an Ambush Bug. Found it in one of my PB ID guides; haven't found a good photo of one on an online site yet.

Edit, Take Two: Here you go--Ambush Bug. You should send your photos to those people, because yours are much better than theirs. :D

Last edited:
Not a katydid. *Could* be an aphid of some sort, but I don't think so. Aphids usually have much longer antennae, and they have all the little hairs on their legs instead of those serrated edges to the legs.
OK, then I'm gonna go back to a Green Bug On A Flower 'cause I'm pretty sure that's right ;)

Most reactions

Back