Can anything be done to this?

natural.disaster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Grabbed my camera and snapped this shot yesterday evening....Forgot all about the settings lol. I actually like how it turned out..but im wondering if anything can be done to make it look better? #2 is my attempt in lightroom...(im still very new to it) Im thinking of trying to take out the light and thicker power linie. Over look the watermark..i was just goofy around to see how it would look.

#1 Original
4813818465_4dba626d20_b.jpg

#2 Edited
4814630188_7acfaaa947_b.jpg

I like how the edit enhanced the orange/pink colors. But now I think the building in the lower right looks like it's glowing. I do think that removing that power line and light could help it too.

Well there is no way to bring out any details in this. You can clone out the lines and crap, but I don't see anything special enough to take the time to do this. You can always sillouette again on another day. Maybe from a lower angle and close to avoid the lines.

Did you mix these up? #1 (The original) has a tighter crop than 2 (The edit). You cant have a tighter crop on the original.

I think if you cloned out the wires and power pole, and leveled the building just a little. You can also mask off ( not sure if you can in lightroom ) the sky and adjust that seperately to try to avoid the glowing building.

My bad, i did crop the original cause i thought i had too much sky...but didnt crop the other after i played in lightroom.

Nicely done Steve! :thumbup:

I agree nothing special about it..i was just using it as practice in lightroom and wanted to see what others would do. Usually what i think looks good, everyone else says is crap.
:lol:

I don't think it is crap, I just think a better composition would make it nice. I do like sillouettes

Am I the only one that prefers the power lines?

With the silhouette shot, the converging parallel power lines are an easy way to read depth in an otherwise flattened image.

You should work more on the composition, but the lines help more than hurt.

I agree on the depth....but they were right through the subject.

Would only keeping the higher/skinnier power lines help that? I like the power line pole-it's just the largest wire that bothers me. I honestly don't know.

Just for fun :p
churchsunset.jpg

Awesome. My original thought was to just clone out the thick power line and the light from the pole. I think i like this one best...but maybe with a litte more of the sky cropped out.
Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back