nerwin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
nickerwin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know this isn't the best photo I've taken and I'm not looking for a serious critique because its overall, a snapshot. I was about the head out the door for something and I really liked the way my cat, Luke, was laying in front of the door with his paws out front and the expression he had.

So I quickly grabbed my camera which had a 50mm on.

Unfortunately the sun was behind him, there isn't really anything I could've done because seconds later he moved from this position. So I only had seconds to react. (which is why its not straight lol) The Z6II has superb dynamic range so I knew I could do some work in post but I'm just not liking it and I don't know why.

Maybe it's my poor editing skills or Nikon colors are not as great as I thought. I don't know. I really swear my orange cat messes with the white balance on my camera 😂

Org:
Erwin-230426-82886-3.jpg

This was my first edit that I did on my own:

Erwin-230426-82886.jpg

This is a second edit I did using the built in "vintage" presets Lightroom Classic has.

Erwin-230426-82886-2.jpg

Handsome Luke..

you have done a brill job of post processing
here is my suggestion. as always feel free to disregard advice after all its your image

Attachments

• Erwin-edit.jpg
    Erwin-edit.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 12
He's such a handsome cat! I can see why you want to get the shot edited to where his cute expression is visible. Such a character!

If you'd like, I can easily move this thread over to The C&C Gallery for more processing help, or even the Graphics Programs for the same reason. No big deal. :)

Most reactions

Back