Can I please have some critique?

LilyBee

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Ive only very recently started taking pics, heres a few.
I could use feedback.
BeFunky_cow 118.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_heusden etc 083.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_2jhchfds.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_2ljguf.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_2lknjlb.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_3dfdsgdg.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_3lknljb.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_4klnkjb.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_4lkhkjg.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_5ghjghk.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_5klhnjbjb.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_5knjb.jpg - Copy.jpg
lilybee5.jpg

You seem to have an eye for shapes, patterns and textures - some interesting compositions there. Too many pictures to critique individually but for a start, I'd straighten the first one.

Start here.

How to structure your posts to get critiques on your work (C&C) | Photography Forum

There are too many pics in your post to tackle all of them, so I will go with the just the first. The pic overall is crooked. A level horizon is a very important thing, unless you mean for the horizon to be crooked as a function of your composition.

The exterior seems over exposed, and the interior seems under exposed. To be fair taking photos of a dark room with a back-lit window as a beginner and without the use of OCF (off camera flash) is a difficult lighting situation at best. Either the room will be dark, the window will be blown out or in this case both.

The overall feel initially is an old-worldy one... grinding wheels, wooden planes etc... and then my eye is immediately attracted to a modern mountain bike in the window that seems to have been overlooked. Kind of ruins the mood.

I recommend scouring the beginners forums here.

Photography Beginners' Forum | Photography Forum

Learn about the exposure triangle. Read up on the rule of thirds. Learn the basics of exposure. Soak up as much as you can, and take a few thousand pictures with that information in mind. Learning about this stuff is a blast.

There are simply too, too many pictures here, with such a variety of issues to address, to even start trying to give C&C on.
So instead, I'll issue you a challenge--an exercise to help train your eye--YOU pick what you believe are the two BEST photos from the selection above, and just post them instead. And if you really feel brave, tell us at least one thing that you think makes the photo good, and one thing you think may be an issue with it.

Ok 2 pics :)
BeFunky_null_3lknljb.jpg.jpg
BeFunky_null_5klhnjbjb.jpg.jpg

I like the first pic as I like the composition of the man shooting the bird and the bird looking the other way.
I think his camera is not sharp in my pic.

The second pic I liked what I was but I think it didnt work, its not sharp, its technically off I think.

Lily, you seem to be all over the place in subject material and processing. Way too many pictures in first post. Your processing in a "normal" shot should look normal, but some are greenish. Learn to straighten anything that is noticeably not straight. If the composition is not good, then there is no fixing it, just don't post the bad ones.

Second post;
#1 this is one of the greenish ones.
#2 has possibilities.

I love the natural light in #1

You seem to have a good eye. I would tone down the post processing - if a shot needs that much help, there's probably a reason ..
Not trying to tell you what to do. Do what makes you happy. Just think you will get further faster if you try to make what you see a compelling image without the gimmicks.

I do believe your on your way, maybe work on : the final croping ( the nose out of man w/ eagle) straighten window, look for more CONTRAST! Ex: the way the full morning sun hits tree tops some brilliantly greens, some w/ no light. Owl was COOL, great subject, needed contrast. I'll try to show u. New to tapatalk , still learning app but this is my PASSION you have the idea! You just need help w/ the fine tuning !

the shot with the toy helicopter is quite boring.. also the tree with the growths is boring.

i think most of those shots are quite nice. the photo where you can see the glare on the glass, the glare bothers me a little bit but than again some people might actually like that. well all like different things,

keep up the good work

Too many images, but from what I gather...

1. Post processing is ALL over the place
2. Focus missed on a bunch or could be camera shake, either way, they're blurry.

Most reactions

Back