Can it be fixed?

TheSolicitor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, I was asked to shoot an event for a group at school just last night. I was inside a restaurant/bar and was shooting with a flash at 1/4 power, angled up at about 70*. I was shooting manual, at f/5.6, 1/120, between 24mm and 40mm.

The problem I had, and I didn't realize it, until it was far too late (i.e. when I started loading photos onto my computer) is that the ceiling in the bar is painted a light blue color, and that caused all of my photographs to have a blue tint. (Hey, Mike, show us what you're talking about!--I would, but they're on the external at the house, and I'm in class right now.)

Is there anything I can do in PP to fix them? Or is this just going to have to be a wash? I thank everyone in advance for their help and comments! Have a wonderful Thursday and a terrific Friday and coming weekend!

Post one up and we'll play with it. If you shot in RAW you could change the white balance or tint and probably make it more accurate. If not, you could probably add a warming filter and adjust it that way. I'm guessing that they came out looking more cool?

I agree, post it and see if we can fix it. Is black and white conversion an option? I sometimes use that when all else fails.

Switch the white balance to "cloudy", that might warm them up enough.

Thanks for the quick replies--they were shot in JPEG (which was a mistake--and I'll own it).

Like I said I've got them on the external at the house, and as soon as I'm back there after classes are done, I'll post them! Again, thanks. I'll start playing with them as well and see if I can warm 'em up a bit, or just go all B&W--it would be a change from what I normally do!

If you have a recent enough version of Photoshop you can still open them all in ACR.

Then you can adjust the temperture slider on one and have it adjust all of the others too.

To open all of them in ACR just use the shift key.

Keith
I have a friend in the electrical field...we all call him the 'voice of reason'

You remind me of him a lot.

Good news...

The club I was shooting for (which I'm also the VP of) is totally cool with having black and whites to use on their webpage for the law school. We'll also be the only group on campus using black and whites. Converting them to black and whites, with an additional bit of contrast really helps them pop. Even though they're "different" we are, the gay-straight alliance after all, so different was judged to be a good thing.

Now if I can figure out how in the HELL to post a picture...I'm beginning to think that I'm absolutely daft.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back