Can some one explain to me

LarryMartin830

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i am really new to DSLR's and i wanted to know this...
why when i use the aperture setting A on the dial i get this

but if i put the dial on no flash i get this

so why is only like yellow/orange and the other is the right colors..

Im not really sure what the question is, but if you're talking about the yellowish color: your whitebalance isnt right. If you shoot in RAW you can fix this when you're post-processing your image. If you dont shoot RAW, you have to change the whitebalance setting in your camera.

Im not really sure what the question is, but if you're talking about the yellowish color: your whitebalance isnt right. If you shoot in RAW you can fix this when you're post-processing your image. If you dont shoot RAW, you have to change the whitebalance setting in your camera.
yeah its the white balance i'm a dumbA#$ lol i keep forgetting i need to do the white balance thing with the paper lol and yeah i do shoot in raw

Even if you shoot in jpeg, you can still change the white balance. These statements assuming you can only change WB in RAW are really getting to me. I fix WB all the time and I can't shoot RAW. I don't have the capability of shooting RAW. These false statements are going to affect how new people perceive the intricacies of photography. Please try to make the correct statements...

Does the flash overpowers the incandescent light when used? That is what I would assume. I am guessing that the flash makes it easier for the camera to set the white balance because without there is too little light?

I know my auto white balance works quite well in good light, but inside the house with incandescent lighting, it always turns out yellow.

Hmm, now that I can see both photos (only the 2nd showed for me when I opened the thread), do you have them backwards? The no flash photo is the yellowed first one? You state "no flash" on the 2nd photo and I would think they were opposite.

Flash should give you the more white image, the second one. Cool cat.

yeah its the white balance i'm a dumbA#$ lol i keep forgetting i need to do the white balance thing with the paper lol and yeah i do shoot in raw

You can change the WB in camera. The little light bulb is for incadescent type lights and will fix the orange hue. You can do that without setting an custom WB.

Even if you shoot in jpeg, you can still change the white balance. These statements assuming you can only change WB in RAW are really getting to me. I fix WB all the time and I can't shoot RAW. I don't have the capability of shooting RAW. These false statements are going to affect how new people perceive the intricacies of photography. Please try to make the correct statements...

Does the flash overpowers the incandescent light when used? That is what I would assume. I am guessing that the flash makes it easier for the camera to set the white balance because without there is too little light?

I know my auto white balance works quite well in good light, but inside the house with incandescent lighting, it always turns out yellow.

Hmm, now that I can see both photos (only the 2nd showed for me when I opened the thread), do you have them backwards? The no flash photo is the yellowed first one? You state "no flash" on the 2nd photo and I would think they were opposite.

Statement should be, "It's generally easier to fix white balance in RAW files." :mrgreen:

I believe what is happening in your two photos is that 'no flash' will use a camera setting (probably auto white balance) while Ap-Priority takes it off auto and makes you set the correct white balance (which you didn't do). - TF

The white balance is improperly set.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back