What's new

Can someone clarify how Nikon's "5-year" warranty works?

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
1
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've just received my D-40 a couple days back, and I can't figure out how this extra 4 year coverage fits in the picture. I've been reading multiple threads, some sound as if I am completely covered for five years but others give me the impression that the extended 4 years is just agreement that they will fix your camera for you at cost.

plz help
 
If you're in the US, I think you need send in the warranty papers within ten days to be covered for five years, which is completely stupid.

In Canada, you needn't do any of that dicking around; you're simply covered for five years.
 
If you're in the US, I think you need send in the warranty papers within ten days to be covered for five years, which is completely stupid.

In Canada, you needn't do any of that dicking around; you're simply covered for five years.

But it sounds to me like to be covered for these "5 years" you have to pay for the service after the 1st year ends? the clarity on this warranty agreement is nothing short of absurd.
 
If you had to pay for it, it wouldn't be a warranty.

exactly. irritating... If its not a warranty Nikon shouldn't friggin call it a warranty. If it is a warranty I don't want to be deprived of the coverage. I took this into consideration when I was shopping for a camera.
 
anyone else?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom