Can someone try and ID this for me?

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently have two chameleons that I care for at others homes. These are not them. Someone was trying to give them to a pet store that doesnt have experience with any types of chameleons and they were just going to give them a try without researching them. This is a bad idea. Chameleons are extremel fragile and delicate animals. I gave them $5 a piece and took them home. I will research and care for them as best as possible. Their adult counterparts were also sold off for $5 to a breeder and they look exactly like them just about 3-5" long. Any help or links to it will be greatly appreciated.

Oh and sorry, I took the 2nd picture with my phone so its bad quality.

pygmycham.jpg

pygmycham1.jpg

Mark

Last edited:
They look like veiled chameleons. I used to have a few, but I didn't get them that young.

Can't say for sure but they appear to be true Chamelions unlike all the Anoles pawned off as chamelions. Cool critters I would have taken them home for $5 a piece even though it would of cost several hundred for the terrarium to set them up in:lol:

They dont live in terrariums, only screened enclosures for good ventilation. And they are true chameleons. They are not veiled though, becuase I saw their parents and theyre deffinately not veiled. Im just not sure what they are and have nothingto go off of becuase the pet store asked no questions. I also tried some PP to try and get the composition thing down. Is this better than the first one? JKust a crop and a little contrast boost.

1)
pygmycham-2.jpg

Or this one?
2)
pygmycham-1.jpg

Mark
PS. I know the lighting is a litte harsh, disregaurs that and only comment on composition if you would? Thanks a million.

I had Chamelions when I was a kid and have always thought of doing it again. So fun to watch.

They are pretty amazing. The panther ones are the greatest when it comes to color change, but these guys are jsut as good in my opinion. Unique.

Mark

They are not veiled though, becuase I saw their parents and theyre deffinately not veiled.

Gotcha. The babies looked like it, they don't have much for veils at that age. I would have taken them for $5, too. I still have the full set-ups from mine, but just haven't gotten around to getting any more. The snakes & bearded dragons are plenty for now.

Any interest in getting rid of the setups? Apparenty I need more now :lol:.

I don't think you'd want to pay for the shipping...:mrgreen: Plus, I do eventually plan on getting some more.

I built a screened cabinet that measure 6' wide x 2' deep x 4'tall (without the stand), and it is, um, quite heavy. I have it set up with dividers to hold either two or three chameleons.

Your probably right. I was thinking about making them a mesh cage too. Theyre pygmys so it doesnt need to be any immaculant thing. Do you know of somewhere I could get directions or diagrams about how to go about building one of these cages? Maybe even a picture of one of yours on hand so i could get an idea?

Mark

The pygmies, which I do believe they are, need smaller spaces (makes it easier for them to find food) so you may be better off buying a Reptarium or something similar. They are inexpensive screen cages, very light, and work great for chams. Good luck with them!

They are pygmys, but I just dont know which type of pygmy they are. I plan to buy a reptarium, but I have always wanted to build one so when the opportunity opened, I figured i'd take it.

Mark

They look like Panthers to me. The coloring on the sides with the horizontal white marking and also head structure are very Panther to me. You should buy them all and resell them. Just a regular veiled baby goes for $50-75 around here in the shops.

Its hard to tell when theyre young. I was thinking of getting a chameleon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back