Can the D5000 handle it?

once you have 70-200mm or bigger I think you are mounting the camera to the lens, not the other way around :)

Oh I almost forgot. If you bought the D700, with no lenses The only one you have that would use the full frame is the 50 1.4. the rest would use 5mp of the sensor, since they are all DX lenses and would only use the APS-C portion of the sensor. So I think the decision is REALLY simple now.

Yeah good point supraman215, really good point actually. I was personally looking at ordering a 70-200 2.8 but needing anew car soon and uni starting in january. I don't think I will be ordering it any time soon.

Yes, it can handle it. I've used the 70-200 Nikkor on the Fuji S2 Pro and Nikon D70, both of which are light-duty bodies. I have also used the 200/2 and 300/2.8 on the D70 and D40, and those are 7-pound lenses...the camera will not just fall apart or anything!

Oh I almost forgot. If you bought the D700, with no lenses The only one you have that would use the full frame is the 50 1.4. the rest would use 5mp of the sensor, since they are all DX lenses and would only use the APS-C portion of the sensor. So I think the decision is REALLY simple now.

Well... I would agree with the simplicity of the decision you pointed out, except for the detail that I literally never use my DX lenses. The kit lens and 55-200 are just so much less sharp than my 50, I really don't like using them. Oh sure..I've pulled them out for maybe 10 photographs of the 50 million I've taken, but I kind of wish I could go back in time and tell my noob self that it would be better to buy a camera body only and pick up the 50mm 1.4 instead of paying for two lenses I never use, kwim?

Solid set of details here. We all wish we could go back in time and tell our noob selves not to make the decisions we did. In the end though, I mean we all made the decisions we did because they would benefit us, I am now definately going to save for that 2 thousand dollar lens. I mean I could buy a car but I got one that works. So I am going to save for that lens and document my brothers football progress.

So you basically have one lens (that you use) and it's a prime, and you're asking if you should get a second lens or a fancier body? oh come on, I think you know the answer to that question without even asking it, you take better pics and post more on here than I do!

I think my next lens will be the 24-70 2.8 because it seems a little more versatile for every day, and i want to replace my kit lens badly. But since it seems like you focus more on portrait only the 70-200 might be a better choice for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back