Can This Be Fixed?

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this shot a few weeks ago and am just now getting around to editing it but I want to get rid of the hair across her face. Is there any way to get rid of it or am I stuck with the hair wispys? I would at least like to have the ones infront of her left eye and nose removed. Or does it look fine with the hair wisps?

3522404551_dfd27625bd.jpg

Last edited:
They could probably be removed...but it would be a time consuming process.

They could probably be removed...but it would be a time consuming process.

I do a lot of photo retouching and I agree with Mike. To do this would take a lot of retouching and it would have to be done very well or you would easily be able to tell. It would be easier to take another shot.

Thanks for the replies. :) If I did remove them, how would I go about doing so? Or would it be too much trouble and the photo looks fine just as it is?

Thanks for the replies. If I did remove them, how would I go about doing so?
In Photoshop, I would probably use a combination of healing and cloning, zoomed in very close and doing it very carefully.

Or would it be too much trouble and the photo looks fine just as it is?
I'd just leave it as is.

i would also go as is...the chances of this looking totally seamless with the hairs removed would be pretty unlikely...im sure it could look decent...but i like it just the way it is.

Ok thank you for the replies. I think I will go ahead and leave it the way it is. :)

Good choice..

You can't really remove the hair only replace it with something else, so you would need to recreate the eye behind it......... to look natureal would take quite a bit of effort..

However, ....

My feel is that you are focusing too much on the perfection of a single item or set of items...

The photograph needs to be viewed as a complete frame/composition and in it's own context...

It's a very good photoraph with it's own casual, wind-blown character..

I would leave the eyes alone and touch-up the chin,cheeks, and lips..

Last edited:
I would leave it, it looks intentional because there is a lot of hair. If it was just a few strands I would remove them.

marcpro -
I was able to convince my younger sister to model for me so we took it in the backyard in the shade while the sun was setting behind the house. I asked her to smile gently and she did. It was pretty windy and she was having a difficult time keeping the hair out of her face. Here is my EXIF info:

Model: Canon Powershot S3 IS
Exposure Time: 1/100 sec
Shutter Speed: 1/101 sec
F-Stop: f/3.50
Aperture Value: f/3.50
Focal Length: 48.60
No flash used

LarryD -
When it comes to face, my main focus are the eyes of that person. So with this photo, I liked it but was having a little trouble getting past the hair wisps. I do agree with you that I have the tendency to focus too much one one thing in the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back