Can you help with these comparison photos? (D40/D60)

lovemysonshine

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all....
I am on the D40/D60 quest. BUT, I bought both and shot with both and put some samples into Flickr. Can you guys take a look and give me your thoughts...?

These are just test shots...not exactly for the frame. I also put notes in on the stream. Anyhow...let me know what you think! Maybe comment on there...?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27841955@N02/

I can definitively conclude that no conclusion can be drawn from these images. Both cameras interpreted the scene differently and used different settings for the photograph. Even if the some of the D60 pictures look better balanced they can easily be replicated on the D40. If you're after an answer as to which is better, consider that the D40 has been out for almost 2 years now, and the D60 is brand new.

In this digital world that alone should be your answer.

I guess I just don't know what to do. My research tells me to just get the D60...but in all honesty...the D40 consistently produces bright and sharp natural images. It seems to better understand what it's seeing. The D60 has much more blurring and the auto focus sensor seems "confused" on where I am trying to focus and has taken up to 10 times to get it on the same page with me. I am a new shooter...so I want the camera to be able to "help" me learn about Shutter and Aperature and Lighting etc. When I am shooting in the assisted modes...I am learning by watching the modes on the shots that I enjoy most. Then I know better how to recreate the shot later. I also plan to take some classes.

I want to keep the D60....but I can't seem to get over how much better the D40 is performing. I DO like the D60 too...but it seems more suited to OUTDOOR and MACRO shooting rather than portrait and candid.

I could be wrong...so I posted those images to see if anyone could help me. I might need to change the organization around a bit so that the comparison shots are very close to one another.

Most reactions

Back