What's new

new member hello from Florida

wax dipper

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 9, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just dusted off my nikon D70s, got some new batteries and behold it still is in working order, I bought it when my granddaughter was born 20 years ago and have thousands of images of the grandkids. with the cameras on cell phones getting better and better I put away the D70s and resorted to using iPhone cameras. I want to get back into photography and be able to control exposure, depth of field etc etc, so I would like some feedback on new digital cameras, full frame, mirrorless?? I enjoy nature, landscapes, action and other random opportunities for a good shot. I look forward to posting photos for constructive criticism. recommendations are welcome. I realize that you can spend a fortune on equipment, so good solid quality without breaking the bank recommendations are appreciated, I look forward to learning from this forum.
 
I just dusted off my nikon D70s, got some new batteries and behold it still is in working order, I bought it when my granddaughter was born 20 years ago and have thousands of images of the grandkids. with the cameras on cell phones getting better and better I put away the D70s and resorted to using iPhone cameras. I want to get back into photography and be able to control exposure, depth of field etc etc, so I would like some feedback on new digital cameras, full frame, mirrorless?? I enjoy nature, landscapes, action and other random opportunities for a good shot. I look forward to posting photos for constructive criticism. recommendations are welcome. I realize that you can spend a fortune on equipment, so good solid quality without breaking the bank recommendations are appreciated, I look forward to learning from this forum.
Welcome to the Forum!
 
Aloha & Welcome.. I would carry on using your current gear at least for awhile, it’s a great camera. Settle back into photography, look around and see what’s available in price and IQ.. Regards 🍻
 
Thanks,
what is a good website to purchase a fast 105mm AF lens that is compatible with my D70s. I see a lot of used ones out there but want to deal with reputable sites Im looking for a 1.4 or 2.8. Thanks
 
Thanks,
what is a good website to purchase a fast 105mm AF lens that is compatible with my D70s. I see a lot of used ones out there but want to deal with reputable sites Im looking for a 1.4 or 2.8. Thanks
Welcome,

I have used KEH.com probably a dozen times or more. I just ordered from them and sold to them. This past week I picked up some B+W filters at very good prices. They are up the road from you in Smyrna (Atlanta).
 
I just dusted off my nikon D70s, got some new batteries and behold it still is in working order, I bought it when my granddaughter was born 20 years ago and have thousands of images of the grandkids. with the cameras on cell phones getting better and better I put away the D70s and resorted to using iPhone cameras. I want to get back into photography and be able to control exposure, depth of field etc etc, so I would like some feedback on new digital cameras, full frame, mirrorless?? I enjoy nature, landscapes, action and other random opportunities for a good shot. I look forward to posting photos for constructive criticism. recommendations are welcome. I realize that you can spend a fortune on equipment, so good solid quality without breaking the bank recommendations are appreciated, I look forward to learning from this forum.
Where do you reside in Florida?

SWFL here.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom