Can you help with this photo?

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As you can see, there is some really bad purple CA around the lights mostly.

When I go in to photoshop and slide the chromatic slider over, it gets rid of the purple, but leaves green, when I try to slide the green, it doesnt work either, it just leaves it looking weird.

I have tried to move the ca color selector bar to include greens and blues, but nothing is working.

Can you try and edit this photo in Photoshop to see if I am doing something wrong?

Obviously the goal would be to have the wires / lights look perfect, with no fringing.

I will post the original, then a close up of me failing at editing...

Sanders_134-original.jpg

Sanders_134-fail.jpg

There may be many other ways of dealing with this, and this may not be what you want to hear, but have you thought about monotone?

Strange. I am able to remove the CA with PS CC very effectively in your pic. I was able to do the same with Aaron Dowling (ADP Pro) CA brush.

Looking at my removal again - Some unwanted colour loss is evident in the pics following global adjustment, particularly in the reds/yellows. What I would do to solve the secondary problem is create a second layer to remove CA, add a black mask, and then paint in those areas where the removal is required.

this is a one-button fix in LR. Use the correct software for the job.

really cool shot. image is also look a bit purple overall...

Johann, thanks for the suggestion, but this is on 50 photos, so I was hoping a slider could fix it.

*Things photographers say for $500 please*

this is a one-button fix in LR. Use the correct software for the job.

really cool shot. image is also look a bit purple overall...

Same thing happens in lightroom, doesnt fix it perfectly.

lightroom.JPG

Great shot. What color are those wires in reality? Not green?

Is your original material in RAW? If it isn't (i.e. is in lossy format - such as jpg) I think that this might explain the inefficiency of PS's CA sliders.

Hi I have looked at your image,
I see the black power cable and as you say there is green.
I think the green is the cable that carries the weight of the lights and the power cable.
A wire is strung first and tensioned then the lights and power cable is attached.

Crop it tighter and remove all the lights, they add nothing.

Most reactions

Back