candid shot c&c please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you shoot it with a horizontal framing and the subject scale so small, making a crop inevitable?

Cropping reduces image resolution (throws away pixels), and should be avoided whenever possible as a common shooting practice.

In other words, why have a 16 MP camera if you're going to throw out 11.6 MP by cropping. :scratch:

photos removed to protect my niece from RUDE people!

Last edited:
Why did you shoot it with a horizontal framing and the subject scale so small, making a crop inevitable?

Cropping reduces image resolution (throws away pixels), and should be avoided whenever possible as a common shooting practice.

In other words, why have a 16 MP camera if you're going to throw out 11.6 MP by cropping. :scratch:

I did respond to this in an earlier reply on this very thread. I said that I use to compose very tightly in cam & would chop feet/hands/legs so I was taught to shoot a wider area and crop in to avoid that. I actually learned that here on this forum. I should have shot it vertically! I know that and I am trying to remember it more often. Also I was pushing her in the swing at the same time so even though I was trying to think of and get the perfect shot of her I was also not as focused and concentrated on it as I could have been.

I am going to try and shoot in portrait orientation more often. It's a bad habit of mine.

Thank you for pointing it out though, I never thought of it like that!

In the first one of the new ones, I think (pls excuse me) it looks like her neck is twisted 180 degrees. It looks weird, off, painful... sorry. Also, all the lines in the picture are vertical, a portrait oriented framing would be more appropriate.

Scary eyes.

Her eyes are not scary , that's just rude.

Also the orientation has been discussed multiple times ALREADY in this thread.

I'm putting you on ignore for being rude about a innocent child & for not knowing how to apparently read a thread before you comment. GOOD BYE.

....I was taught to shoot a wider area and crop in...

Here is how much space you need to leave in the viewfinder for different aspect ratio crops:
ViewfinderAspectRatiocopy.png

Very interesting to see that in a visual way. Thanks, that really gives me a better idea of what people meant by 'shoot wide' lol.

It looks a lot better. The changes are so subtle but makes such an impact. Thanks for taking the time to edit! I always like seeing what you come up with.

Shadowbox said:

Just to let you know that there is still a picture of your niece in this thread. Figured you'd want to know since you erases her other pictures!

Is the photo not showing up for anyone else? o_0

edit: ohh.. i get it now -_____-

I'm putting you on ignore for being rude about a innocent child & for not knowing how to apparently read a thread before you comment. GOOD BYE.

Seriously, you are a bit too touchy. Noone was being rude to your niece. If you are upset because you cannot handle the critique you asked for, and want to hide behind your "innocent child" of a niece as an excuse, then so be it. However, I can tell you now, that if you are going to block Compaq for what he said, you might as well block us all and stop posting, because you are in for a world of disappointment.

You have no room to judge how TOUCHY I am. The fact is you know nothing about my life or what I am going through and right now the most important thing for me to do is not allow some creep from the internet to comment on how my niece LOOKS. This is a PHOTOGRAPHY site, not a site about how a 2 year old looks. I don't expect you to know why or my reasons because it's very personal and private but I do have very good reasons for not wanting anything negative like that associated with myself or my nieces and if you have a problem with that I seriously don't care. I don't care at ALL what people on this site think about my reaction or my opinion, it's mine and if you don't like it OH WELL. GO cry me a river goonie!

Seriously, you are a bit too touchy. Noone was being rude to your niece. If you are upset because you cannot handle the critique you asked for, and want to hide behind your "innocent child" of a niece as an excuse, then so be it. However, I can tell you now, that if you are going to block Compaq for what he said, you might as well block us all and stop posting, because you are in for a world of disappointment.

You're a dumb ass. What is a critique about calling a child scary? I handled ALL critique well. That's not critique, that is rude.

I'm so sick of the butt kissing on this site. Oh wow .. 'oh thank you so much compaq for calling my niece scary. thanks for not commenting on my photography but on her face. That's really so helpful. I'll go rearrange her face now'. GROW UP.

PS. I was called an idiot on this site because I don't like dell so if someone has a problem with me pointing out how SCARY EYES is not a critique and how GOONIE butt kisser is a DUMB ASS for not realizing that and putting in HIS two sense about it without even realizing what he was saying made absolutely NO sense and had NO relevance to my blocking compaq then not MY loss.

This thread is way off hand and I'm seriously so angry right now I want to punch someone in the gut because nobody has the right to call a child scary and then everyone get mad at the childs Aunt for not appreciating that 'critique'. GOD seriously.

PLEASE lock this thread mods so I don't have to hear any more BS from the dumb asses of this site.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back