What's new

Candids and stylish gangsters

Dubious Drewski

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 18, 2008
Messages
909
Reaction score
4
Location
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my 3rd solo Wedding. I'm learning tons every time I do this. I love it. I find myself shooting whole weddings with my 50mm, along with my 10-20 on my belt, ready for a cool establishing shot, or a goofy kid portrait. What kind of criticisms do you guys have for these photos?

1. You Shall not Pass
2832764504_8d2a8c5315_o.jpg


2. Surreal Bokeh
2832765222_e002b0607d_o.jpg


3.Where's the Food?
2831927465_be4731cd01_o.jpg


4. I have the food!
2832764182_1ef2092f55_o.jpg


5. G'Day, Sir.
2832763376_e9bb6ee179_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
I love the expressions you caught here, great job!
1 is awesome, would've loved to see it without the legs behind them, but adorable shot.
My favs are #3 (especially with that title!) and #5
I love seeing expression shots like this.
 
I liked 1 and 2 the best... 5 was nice also. The wide angle or whatever effect made the kids face go wonky in 3 which didn't work for me, personally. 4 was funny (caption was funnier!) :), but I wanted to adjust the color a bit.

Some really sharp exposures though... some of them literally popped. Awesome.
 
Thanks, both of you. I agree with you Chris, about the colour in 4. I updated it with a more natural skin tone. And as for #3, I can see how someone might not like wide angle shots, but I cannot see how else this shot could have been taken. The goofy face is the point. I love it, actually! It's my second favourite of the whole wedding.

Christy, yes! People's expressions make the best photos, don't they? I now understand what inspired Norman Rockwell all those years. EDIT: Though I realize he was a painter, not a photographer. Same thing though.
 
Last edited:
Thanks, both of you. I agree with you Chris, about the colour in 4. I updated it with a more natural skin tone. And as for #3, I can see how someone might not like wide angle shots, but I cannot see how else this shot could have been taken. The goofy face is the point. I love it, actually! It's my second favourite of the whole wedding.

hehe... hey, whatever works for you. I've always been a fan of your stuff (particularly your business card :lol:), so I should probably shaddap and start copying your approach. :)
 
wow that's nice great work..
 
Thank you!
1 is awesome, would've loved to see it without the legs behind them
Yeah, I'm unsure about the clarity of the action in that one. I was thinking it might convey that this boy was trying to protect the people behind him from the evil viewer or something silly like that. I was hoping the background legs would come off as part of the story. But I guess it isn't too clear, is it.
 
DD, I've been wanting to tell you that I checked your Flickr the other day and really digged your work. You also have great taste in models (if they're your relatives, remember that I live just a couple of provinces over) :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom