Candy Land

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Playing Candy Land with my granddaughter. First thing she wants to do when she comes over, which is pretty much every day. I picked up the classic game trouble and mouse trap at the goodwill, going to do those soon but I will wait until she stops loving Candy Land. I gave them a vintage workout (Kodak plug-in) in Gimp.

#1 D3300, 35mm 1.8G, f/2.2, 1/60s, ISO400, flash bounce SB600, manual.
DSC_0725old.JPG

#2 D3300, 35mm 1.8G, f/2.2, 1/25s, ISO400, flash bounce SB600, manual.
DSC_0729old.JPG

I like it pretty girl!I find flash bounce works great in the correct room.

I like #2. Be careful where you bounce because the strobe light will pick up the color of the ceiling/wall/hand et al. You know you can bounce off walls as well as ceilings. Bouncing off a wall in #1, (even behind you), may have filled in the eyes a bit more.

I like #2. Be careful where you bounce because the strobe light will pick up the color of the ceiling/wall/hand et al. You know you can bounce off walls as well as ceilings. Bouncing off a wall in #1, (even behind you), may have filled in the eyes a bit more.
Thanks Gary. Wall is medium green more to yellow side. Next time, using a reflector. I have the grandkids all weekend. I have projects lined up with them to limit the TV and electronic device activities. Crafts, board games, and 3d puzzle.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like the idea of using the game as a blurry foreground and focusing on the girl. Very cute!

I agree about the bounce flash. If the room is dark enough, it can have the same effect as the sun at noon, that is, coming straight down and causing raccoon eyes, as it's done here. If the walls are white (which it sounds like these aren't) I like to aim the flash into the spot where the wall meets the ceiling. That gets the light to fall downward but also at enough of an angle to light up the eyes. But in this case, bouncing off a reflector would also work.

Have fun! As a mom, I'm SO glad you're not just sticking them in front of the TV for the weekend. They can watch TV at home, they're there to see you!! (Can you tell this has been an issue, lol?)

I like the idea of using the game as a blurry foreground and focusing on the girl. Very cute!

I agree about the bounce flash. If the room is dark enough, it can have the same effect as the sun at noon, that is, coming straight down and causing raccoon eyes, as it's done here. If the walls are white (which it sounds like these aren't) I like to aim the flash into the spot where the wall meets the ceiling. That gets the light to fall downward but also at enough of an angle to light up the eyes. But in this case, bouncing off a reflector would also work.

Have fun! As a mom, I'm SO glad you're not just sticking them in front of the TV for the weekend. They can watch TV at home, they're there to see you!! (Can you tell this has been an issue, lol?)
Thanks for the direction, appreciate it.

I see them almost every day for a little while. Wife picks them up from school and daycare and they live 2 lots over. I like to spend quality time with them and I am not a big TV guy, never have been. Sports mainly. My grandson has taken to drawing as I bought him a neat Star Wars drawing set. He is getting quite good for his age but I think he practices more with me than at home. He would have my wife's iPhone in his face the whole weekend if I let him. Just have to get him going on something for a little bit to get his mind off of the phone / Minecraft. He is very good in school but easily distracted outside of it. All kids need structure. His mother really appreciates my influence, she tells me I am the only grandpa (2 other) he listens to, her father does not spend any time with him, he would prefer to spend time with alcohol. The other just sticks him in front of a TV or phone. They have no idea what they are missing. I go to all his games, basketball and baseball. I was one of the coach's (his dad was main coach) last summer but this year he is in a travel league so I will just go and take pictures.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back