Cannon Mountain - NH fall road trip (pic heavy)

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Second stop on our road trip was Franconia Notch State Park. After visiting “the Basin”, we hiked to a small waterfall, went up to the top of the mountain in the tram, climbed the observation tower and then stopped in at Echo Lake beach.

This is the Basin. No tripod so had to lean on a railing and hand hold. Blew the highlights but still pretty I think.

The Basin by SharonCat..., on Flickr

On the trail to the waterfall

Along the Cascades trail by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Mountain tram - through a dirty plexiglass window

Up up up... by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Trail to the observation tower

Cannon Mountain views by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

The tower
Look by SharonCat..., on Flickr

From the top

Echo Lake below was like a sheet of glass. After the crowded tram (tour busses of senior citizens), we had the beach to ourselves except for one or two others enjoying the serenity. I guess the buses don’t go to the beach parking lot and it’s a bit too far for the shufflers to get to.

Mirror by SharonCat..., on Flickr

I was mostly annoyed at this family hogging the dock the whole time we were there because I wanted a certain angle with the dock stretching out in front but now I wish I had thought to take out my zoom to capture them. This is an extreme crop.

Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr

This was all shot in about 2 hours and we were on our way to the other side of the Whites once we left here, it really deserves its own full day. Last year I was at this lake at sunset and it was magical. I took one of my favorite photos ever.

Gold by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Some day I will time it right and be here for sunrise and sunset, with no other plans calling me away. At the tower, I met two women who had just hiked up the mountain. It took them 2 hours so would probably take me 2 days lol. But it’s a new goal.

Good looking set and looks like a very fun trip.

Beautiful photos. Franconia Notch is a gorgeous area; arguably the best place in America to see fall foliage.

Good looking set and looks like a very fun trip.

thanks!

Beautiful photos. Franconia Notch is a gorgeous area; arguably the best place in America to see fall foliage.

Yes it’s gorgeous there. Not sure how familiar with the area everyone is but we started just north of Boston and drove to Kinsman Notch, then on through Franconia Notch, then through Bethlehem NH and across on rt 302 through Crawford Notch then back south through North Conway area. A lot of miles covered in one day.

eta - just did the math = 312 miles round trip. We left about 6am and got home at 8:30pm.

Love the second shot, also like the composition of the lookout from the tower.

Nice set, really pretty places. Good captured on that UFO's shadow in the 3rd pic, I just knew they existed! :bom:

Beautiful and lovely set. Something about 2 and 6 that I love.. :)

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

very nice !!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back