CANNON or NIKON?

Dylan96

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Title says it all, Cannon or Nikon, and WHY. I was either a d7000 or a EOS 60d

Nikon. Simpler control layout with more dedicated, single-function controls. Slightly better image quality. Plenty of lenses to choose from.

It's not necessarily a Canon v. Nikon thing, but the D7000 is simply a better camera than the 60D in almost every respect. In my mind the 7D is a closer competitor to the D7000 than the 60D is.

Cannon ... hum too dangerous for me. I choose Nikon then.

What are you needs? What are you going to shoot - when how? are you going to get serious* or not (or don't you know). Any subjects you want to shoot - budget - country etc...

If you don't give us any info then just go try them out in the shop - see which you like and get that one.

*with the hobby

This is like the Chicken or the Egg. There is no answer.
It's about YOU and what fits you. One will. One won't.
Go to the store. Hold each one. Play with each one. Change settings, use the features... One will feel right. Buy it.

I have to disagree with the 'pick on feel' aspect here. They're both relatively similar feeling cameras. I use both of these cameras regularly (I use the D7000 daily and the 60D maybe weekly). Do I prefer Nikon's two knob system over Canon's knob and wheel located on the back? Yeah, slightly. Is it that big of a difference? No. The bodies are virtually the same weight and size and feel to my hands. It's not like we are talking about the 7D v. the D7000 here, which do have a substantial difference in feel between one another.

You know what are big differences to me, the D7000's large and noticeable advantages in:

Image quality
High ISO performance
dynamic range
auto focus system
viewfinder
dual storage slots
burst speed

To me, those are all more important than the relatively small difference ergonomically between these two cameras.

The 60D has a tiny bit more resolution (which is more than paid for with its increased noise) and it has a flip out screen. Those are its two advantages over the D7000. Well, also it's usually $150 cheaper than the D7000 as well.

This is like the Chicken or the Egg. There is no answer.

There is.
It's the egg, since egg-laying species pre-date the existence of chickens.

Sorry it's off-topic, but just had to get that off my chest :p

??
Cannon_pic.jpg

YES Canon or Nikon is a good choice.

Who cares? Spend more time worrying about the camera between your ears than the one in your hand. If the former doesn't work well the latter is irrelevant.

Dylan96 said:
Title says it all, Cannon or Nikon, and WHY. I was either a d7000 or a EOS 60d

For your case, get Nikon. Cannon will not only shoot but also kill people.

Here in Japan the number one camera is Nikon and over 70% of the professional use Nikon.
Canon come in number 2
Cannon, never seen one close up and really do not want to they got BANG and make a huge mess.

Most reactions

Back