Cannons for c&c please...

BIG RYAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok im editing this post and adding two more photos... these massive cannons shot 12in rounds up to 6 miles with enough force left to penitrate a 6in thick steel plate. there were 12 of them total when the place was built but there is only 4 left... Fort Desoto, St Pete, FL.

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I only see teeth of gears, not cannons (with the exception of the out-of-focus background cannon on the first shot). Still pretty neat shots, but leave me wondering what the gears are on, what they're powering or controlling, etc.

Ya I think the shallow DOF is cool but I would like to see some of the cannons and not just the gears. Seems like it is a cool place to shoot.
TJ

I quite like the first one -the depth of field is nice and helps to tell the story. I like the texture and the subtle colours you captured.

However, the title throws me off because I expected cannons. Perhaps if you re-titled it 'gears of war' or some such thing?

I quite like the first one -the depth of field is nice and helps to tell the story. I like the texture and the subtle colours you captured.

However, the title throws me off because I expected cannons. Perhaps if you re-titled it 'gears of war' or some such thing?

This is true.. the texture is very nice..
hmm, the title need to be adjusted because the cannons cannot be seen perfectly.

After looking at the first one again, maybe if the background cannon weren't cut off, it would better show what it is as well as what the gear belongs to. I don't know if it's cropped out, or was shot out of frame.

i see what your saying about the title and i agree... i do have other shots of them but they're not that great... and the very tip of the cannon was cut off in the frame and i cropped a bit but either way its not all there, unfortunally... ill edit another and post it as well.... sorry for the misleading title.

OK I EDITED MY FIRST POST

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back