canon 10-22mm

MotorPsycho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with the canon 10-22mm lens? what are your opinions of it? how does it compare to the sigma 12mm or other comparable canon lenses?

also, i'm really looking for a wide angle prime.. like a 10mm prime ever seen one around?

cannon 10-22mm lens

Hi Motor
I recently bought the Canon 10-22mm EF-S lens but as yet haven't used it seriously. I've taken a few shots in my house to see what it's like and it's VERY wide. I use it on the 20D and it looks like a great lens.
I'll probably use it over the next few days as my 24-70 is going in for repair after i whacked it off a rock and damaged the metal filter ring - thankfully thats the only damage.
I'll post a a few images using the 10-22 once i've got some.
David

looking forward to them. i got a chance to play with it and the sigma in the camera shop the other day... the cannon didn't seem all that much wider... definatly not 200 bucks wider so i guess the question is, is the quality 200 bucks better?

i'd definatly don't mind spending the money, as long as i'm getting something for it.

Motor
I tooka few shots today with the 10-22mm EF-S lens on the 20D. I can email them to you if you're interested in seeing them.
send me an IM and i'll mail them. I'll reduce them to a reasonable size for email unless you specifically want the full size images.
they're around 3mb each.
cheers
David

MotorPsycho said:
looking forward to them. i got a chance to play with it and the sigma in the camera shop the other day... the cannon didn't seem all that much wider... definatly not 200 bucks wider so i guess the question is, is the quality 200 bucks better?

i'd definatly don't mind spending the money, as long as i'm getting something for it.
Keep in mind that sigma 12-24 is a full frame lens and 10-22 is digital only.

For me it seems like a no-brainer, esp if you're thinking of shooting film

It's Canon. It's worth it. It's a first party lense. I'd say allmost all their lenses are worth it.

Most reactions

Back