Canon 100-400L on Sony A6500

GSheehan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All,

Long shot but just wondering if anyone has experience adapting the original Canon 100-400L f/4-f5.6 and how successful the AF is? Also wondering if this combo would be good for video?

I currently have the Sigma MC-11 and looking to get a long telephoto for my A6500 for video and photo. The 100-400L used looks to be the best value for money compared to anything else I can find but worried that the AF would be useless with video and if I'd be better off just getting a native lens but for my budget. I don't think I'd be able to afford anything with the range and IQ the Canon would give me. Thanks!

Hi All,

Long shot but just wondering if anyone has experience adapting the original Canon 100-400L f/4-f5.6 and how successful the AF is? Also wondering if this combo would be good for video?
I currently have the Sigma MC-11 and looking to get a long telephoto for my A6500 for video and photo. The 100-400L used looks to be the best value for money compared to anything else I can find but worried that the AF would be useless with video and if I'd be better off just getting a native lens but for my budget. I don't think I'd be able to afford anything with the range and IQ the Canon would give me. Thanks!

I've been using the old original Canon 100-400 for past eight years, still works great. But how well it works on a Sony camera with the Sigma adapter you're probably better off asking in the Sony section.
www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Most reactions

Back