Canon 30D

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The 30D went out-of-production quite awhile ago. There may still be some new-old stock left in some warehouses here and there.

Last edited:
huh I am almost worried about buying from adorama... seems kinda fishy....
You have absolutely nothing to worry about. They are one of the most reputable dealers on the internet. They're also top Amazon.com vendors and Amazon.com won't allow scam companies do business on their site.

I've purchased some $10k in gear through Adorama and they're prices and customer service are exceptional.

alright just kind of weird that it doesn't say "used" anywhere on it and they seem to have new 30d's in stock when they are hard to come by used...

The 30D went out-of-production quite awhile ago. There may still be some new-old stock left in some wareshouses here and there.

This explains why it doesn't say used, it's "new-old stock".

another question... does adorama only give you the 1 year warranty on "refurbished" cameras? or there used ones as well? I just can't find it saying anything about the 1 year warranty.... I am just about to pull the trigger on this and would really like to know....

O and it says the 30D takes a CF I or II card? I just want to make sure that means only the compact flash type and NOT a standard SDHC card like I already have

The 30D is what I got a few months back for the reason that it was discounted since it was not being manufactured anymore. Got the body for $500 but I'm in a small town and the camera store was trying to get rid of the few they had left.

Don't think they were selling it as a kit but I would have talked myself out of it anyway. Most kit lenses are not the best quality and I'm not big with zooms anyway... Just wanted something cheap but decent to explore digital photography with and I got a 50/1.8 with it.

What you are looking at is a new camera. They are not advertising it as used because it is new ;)

I don't know if they are hard to come by today but they weren't when I bought mine. My other local store (R•tz) had a bunch of them. From what the manager told me the company had made a deal to get a whole bunch of them. Maybe that is also what Adorama did.

After all, it always looks good in the ads to have a camera at less than half the cost of the next model up...

O and it says the 30D takes a CF I or II card? I just want to make sure that means only the compact flash type and NOT a standard SDHC card like I already have
Yeah, the 30D uses only Compact Flash memory cards...Type I or II.

alright thanks, kinda figured! go figure... more expensive and my laptop doesn't have a reader built in haha

Most reactions

Back