Canon 30d

Thats a good one... yeh .. I meant D30 3mp Canon. hehe..

I can't keep Canon and Nikon Models straight...
1D 5D 10D 20D 30D D30 D60 D70 D40 D80 D2X D2Hs D200

oh yeh.. lets not leave other brands out
K100D, K110D, K10D, another 5D (of the minolta kind), 7D

I think someone needs to get all their marketing departmens in one room and beat them with a wet noodle. Most cameras sold today are digital.. its time to retire the "D".

Cool would be if they used an i instead of a D... like iCamera...

Oh, wait....

Thats a good one... yeh .. I meant D30 3mp Canon. hehe..

I can't keep Canon and Nikon Models straight...
1D 5D 10D 20D 30D D30 D60 D70 D40 D80 D2X D2Hs D200

I think someone needs to get all their marketing departmens in one room and beat them with a wet noodle. Most cameras sold today are digital.. its time to retire the "D".

the "D" is not for marketing....is for identification of the model within the company....so that when a number is given to them....they have a rough idea of what they are....like "F" for film......is a common practice to use simple letters to separate different models for easy identification

with the exception of the "i"...that is a true marketing "i"con

Wait till you jump on a 1D...

I went from a 10D to a 1DMK2N....now that is a change to control lol....but I have to say I love the 1D body and controls....and do not mind going to the gym :) and by gym I mean lifting it up.

30D is nice, was thinking about it, then decided on the 5D...but was stupid to hold the 1D....yup...got me....

the "D" is not for marketing....is for identification of the model within the company....so that when a number is given to them....they have a rough idea of what they are....like "F" for film......is a common practice to use simple letters to separate different models for easy identification

with the exception of the "i"...that is a true marketing "i"con

I've worked with enough companies to know that the name or model of a particular product is almost always completely under the control of the marketing group.

One such project involved Hewlett Packard's Unix O/S. The obvious major and minor release designation was 11.11. They wanted us to somehow shove and squeeze the character "i" into an integer field. It went back and forth. Faces turned red. The decision was to call the next release "11i" on all documentation and press releases even though the OS itself still reports itself as 11.11. Oh yeh.. 11i version 2... reports itself in OS as 11.23. hehee lol. Marketing leads the way in many cases.

My point is "whats the point of designating a certain camera as the digital version?" Nikon doesn't make film cameras anymore and most new DSLRs sold today are digital? Canon didn't end all their Film SLRs with "F" to designate them as the film model.

I just think those high paid marketing folk need to take a pill to boost creativity.

I think someone needs to get all their marketing departmens in one room and beat them with a wet noodle.

I think Pentax starting designating their line-up KxD after being beat with a wet noodle... remember before that they were calling them *Ist D, *Ist DS, *Ist DL and *Ist DL2. Making it fairly hard both to pronounce and to search for (someone should have told them about the new Interwebby thing). You really could not come up with a worse name without using hieroglyphics or bird-call.

Maybe they should all follow Canon's example of personalising cameras with the 'Rebel'; how about the Nikon Ninja, or the Sony Gangsta. :D

It sounds like you're already showing a preference for Nikon, even though your reasoning is junk. So go with Nikon. They're all good.

I agree with Mike. Sometimes, my brain goes numb from reading your posts, you lazy bugger. :confused:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back