canon 350D vs canon 20D

sirsteezo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, the reasoning for making this thread is because I came across a good deal on a canon 20D. I currently own the canon 350D rebel xT. I read this article....

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/eos_digital_rebel_xt_vs_20d.html

and I wanted to get your guys/ladies feedback.

Should I just keep mine or should I sell mine and invest in the 20D?

a part of me is saying go for the 20D because I do want to get more serious with my photography and it has a few more features than the xT. and the forum I found it on, its going for such a good price!

help!!

I have the XT and would go for a 20D if I was offered a good enough deal from a trusted source... Even just the thumb wheel would be worth it for me (it's such a pain to shoot full manual on the 350D isn't it?)

The 350D takes good pictures. I'd vote for be happy with whatcha got unless there's something you really don't like about the XT.

For me, I upgraded from the XT because of size. I shoot for hours at a time, and with a 3+ pound lens, and my hand was getting cramped with the XT. Now, I purchased another XT to have as a sidekick to my 40D, because I liked the XT so much.

If it's near an even trade, and from a reliable source, then go for it. But if you're gonna end up spending $200+, I'd invest in glass or save up for the 50D when it comes out. :) dare i say that?

I like the feel of the 20D better, And it has a few features that beat the XT, like more FPS and a better AF system. You should be able to get a good 20D for around $500-$600. give or take, sometimes with a cheap kit lens or a 50.

See if you can get your hands on a 20D and take a few shots, you'll forget what your 350D even looked like. hehe.

Don't get me wrong, what you have now is a fine camera and it takes great pictures but it just feels (and sounds) like a toy when you stack it up next to 10-series Canons (10D,20D,30D,40D) ...

Hmmm, I wonder if the same thing will happen when I pick up my first 1D .... hehehe

I like the feel of the 20D better, And it has a few features that beat the XT, like more FPS and a better AF system. You should be able to get a good 20D for around $500-$600. give or take, sometimes with a cheap kit lens or a 50.

Yea I found one locally w/ a kit lens. its going for $600 obo from a reliable source. Now it just take time to sell mine...

Don't get me wrong, what you have now is a fine camera and it takes great pictures but it just feels (and sounds) like a toy when you stack it up next to 10-series Canons (10D,20D,30D,40D) ...

I agree completely. I have a 30d, but before that i had been using my girlfriends rebel because she got the 40d, the alloy body is worth it by itself. I didn't like the cheap composite feel i got from the rebel. It takes amazing photos but is too small for me it's very uncomfortable to hold. I would get the 20d. you'll be happy you did later on.

I have the XT and would go for a 20D if I was offered a good enough deal from a trusted source... Even just the thumb wheel would be worth it for me (it's such a pain to shoot full manual on the 350D isn't it?)

its so tempting....

Your money is better spent on a different or better lens then the 18-55.

Your money is better spent on a different or better lens then the 18-55.

:thumbup:

As people are saying, once you hold a 20D you'll know it feels better. So, don't hold a 20D! It'll corrupt you! Sw1tchFX is right on (always is); a better lens will get you more places.

I'm a Nikon user, but i've played around with both of those Canon cameras.

I think if you like to shoot manual mode more, then you should get the 20d without a second thought. Before I got my d70, I was considering Canon and the lack of the thumbwheel on the 350d was a dealbreaker for me because I prefer to use manual controls. Going through the menu buttons to set things up was pretty tiresome. Of course, if you're an aperture priority kinda guy, better lenses might be good for you.

I would like a new camera, I have the 350D, but mostly because its so damn small, when you put on a big lens, the camera body dissapears. Ill wait a bit and go for a 5D instead though

Most reactions

Back