Canon 40D ROCKS!!!

soylentgreen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Okay, so I only had it for a couple of hours...but it is a quantum-leap over the 20D. :hail:Fulfilled everything that I wanted from an update minus the full-frame. The ISO control and noise reduction is pretty sweet and the screen is HUGE. Will probably drain the battery faster though. I actually have to read the manual to figure everything out. There's way more custom functions to scroll through. 6.5 fps is freakin' crazy!!! Down-grade it to 6 fps with noise reduction. Those that have noticed my other threads know I absolutley hate the door-slamming shutter noise from the 20D. The new 40D shutter doesn't "click". It has a wierd "foomp" sound. Doesn't sound mechanical at all, but at least it is quieter. There is a shutter noise-reduction function to further reduce shutter noise, but than it will eat into the fps. More to come....I'm out to do some night shooting.

Get us A good hands on review.. Enjoy the new camera:thumbup:

You disgust me. Provoking excitements without providing the means to satisfy it!

I played with it in the store the day it came out (before they sold them all lol). Great camera from what I can tell. I spent about a good 20-30 minutes just playing with the functions, taking pictures of random things, and just exploring the new settings.

Of course I got home and if I am not mistaken it is supposed to have live view and I forgot to check that out. Never even crossed my mind that a dSLR would have it.

I am sorry. Just couldn't contain my excitement. The live view is a really neat feature, especially for low-angle work and macro. Apparently, you can also zoom in on the screen to refine focus instead of tediously squinting through the eye-piece. Now I really have to get a tripod!!! I am still reading through the manual (third time now i figure) There's just a lot of new stuff to digest.

The store called me this afternoon, the 40D is in! Yowza!

So off I goes right after work, and it's the most beudacious light box I've ever seen (nearly). Possibly the first 40D in San Diego they told me, since it's the biggest photo store in town. Big deal ..... ;)

BUT but but, I've spent too much time on this forum and haven't decided on a lens yet. So all I have is a body ...... bummer. [none of my old SLR lenses are compatible of course]. Too many opinions, too many choices .......... :confused: It's ALL YOUR FAULT. Well, I'm leaning towards the EF-S 17-85 IS as a starter lens, even though it's a bit slow. I have it on good advisement here that it's a good choice for all-round work. I messed about with one in the store, on my new body, and it seemed well enough put together at any rate.

Sorry if you were hoping for a tad more sophisticated of a review. Ahem. Well, tough nutties folks hehehehehe. My old A2 was nice, but this one - no comparo.

Later: thinks .... Oh No, soon I'll be expected to actually post some halfway decent pics here on the forum. Double bummer.

more importantly, lets see some pictures straight out of the camera and some 100% crops in shadow area for noise.

To much excitement, I cant wait for mine to get in...

Most reactions

Back