Canon 50D Announced

But the 40D and 50D have a fast frame per second rate, so why not put more effort (see research and developement) into the autofocusing system and have 50 plus points so that AI servo mode works better? What is the use of 6.5 frames per second if 1 shot is in focus?

Derrick
Learn how to aim that 1 point :p

First of all, you shouldnt really compare crop vs full frame in ISO performance, not in the same class, and the 5D cost a lot more. Yes I do agree that canon 50D may need more AF points..But I never miss my shots, i always use my center AF point, maybe I just always choose easy sports (surfing/soccer/football/horse racing).

yep got one of mine a year ago and begged Best Buy to hold it behind the counter so I could make my 45-minute drive. Crazy they've upgraded already. I'll hold out until the next full-frame probably.

Well, isn't the time right for Canon to announce something to compete with D3? Seriously...

Well, isn't the time right for Canon to announce something to compete with D3? Seriously...
The D3 is Nikon's answer to the Canon 1Ds mk III and/or 1D mk III.

But the 40D and 50D have a fast frame per second rate, so why not put more effort (see research and developement) into the autofocusing system and have 50 plus points so that AI servo mode works better?
Because then it would practically be the 1D.

The real upgrades in this 50D probably won't be seen in these specs alone, but the main difference probably lies in the test shots, especially ones at higher ISOs.

darn! lol and I bought my 40D like a month ago :D oh well maybe I will sell it and get 50D instead but I am waiting for more info especially about AF and high ISO noise level and of course how good it is compared to D300 :D

Most reactions

Back