Canon 50mm 1.4 Focus Troubles

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
BIG Troubles! I was sitting on a bench outdoors last night when i decided to take out my camera and take a photo of my friend.... for some reason the lens can now only focus somewhere between 3m distance and infinity, I can't focus any closer than 3m!:grumpy: I dont believe it was due to the cold because I had been outside for at least 2 hours before I took the camera out of my bag. I have a waranty on it as its NEW (super:grumpy:) but I was just curious if anyone has had this problem and ever so slightly hopeful that someone would tell me "yea dont worry about it, it'll just fix itself in about 42 minutes"

If the problem still exists, and it is under warranty, I'd send it in.

thats my plan, but for the moment i'm out of the country and have to wait a month before i can take it back to the shop. i was just wondering if this was a common problem with this lens or any others. Has anyone else had their focus mechanism block before?

Only thing I can think of is maybe is was over lubed at the factory, and the lube got thick in the cold. You should still be able to manually focus throughout the range though.

Even that seems unlikely though...

Is it working now (at room temperature)?

Most reactions

Back