Canon 50mm f1.8 from Amazon

Ihasacamera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I realize that there are many variables that would affect the answer of this question but...

How long did it take you guys to get a 50mm f 1.8 from Amazon? I ordered there b/c it was so cheap and with free shipping but it was back ordered...:grumpy:

Anyway just curious :)

I bought mine from a local retailer. $10 more wasn't a big deal when I could get it right away.

Lenses are VERY hard to come by right now. Due to production cut backs by Canon and Nikon there has been an ongoing shortage of lenses and other key accessories.

The best thing you can do is only order items that are listed as being in stock. There are many retailers on Amazon.com so their business practices vary.

Personally, I see no reason to buy from Amazon vs. going directly to the retailers that sell on their site. I would go to B&H Photo or Adorama's sites first to check on the availability of products.

If it's on back order, it can be weeks or months before you get the lens given the current climate. It's anyone's guess really. The nice thing is you can still cancel the order and head over to Adorama and get it shipped to you tomorrow.

2514A002 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Standard AutoFocus Lens - USA

I'd check B&H and Adorama. The prices aren't usually that much more, if at all, and that lens is generally in stock!
I pretty much use nothing but Buydig & B&H (the two best I have found)

Hopefully, you will get it quick enough, but it's hard to say right now as many popular lenses are backordered these days.

is there a difference between the imported lens and one made in the USA?

is there a difference between the imported lens and one made in the USA?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it has something to do with not honoring warranties for imports (or shorter warranty terms).

Have you checked the stock at any of your local camera stores? This is usually a lens that is always in stock at a camera shop. Also check your local Craigslist ads.

Edit: realized you're a Canon guy.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice guys. I canceled my Amazon order and have one being shipped to me next week from B&H :)

There ya go. :) Now book mark their site. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back