Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0508/05082209canoneos5d.asp

mmm...new camera smell. Well, I won't be getting this one...too expensive for me. Anyone thinking of buying one? The full frame is nice, but if you are going to spend this much, might as well go all the way and get a 1 series body (IMHO)

This should get the market moving in the right direction though...a few more years and full frame DSLRs might just be affordable.

Nice! :)

12.8 megs. Thats more cards!!
Sports shooters may not prefer this though due to the 3 fps.

Mike, which 1 series were you referring to?

Well the 1D Mark II is $4000...it's less MP but much, much faster FPS. But it's a 1 series body...built like a tank and fully sealed. That's just about the same price range. This is the ultimate sports camera.

Of course the Flagship 1Ds Mark II is all around better and much more expensive, so I guess the new 5D may not compete in this price group.

The EOS 5D offers complete compatibility with all Canon EF lenses , providing photographers with access to a vast range of lenses with focal lengths from 14 to 600 mm.

I didn't think that they would be changing the mount and switching to a new line of lenses...that must have been a rumor started by evil Nikon users... :lol:

I have been thinking about upgrading to the EOS-1D Mark II, because I would like to have a faster camera for shooting sports. But at the same time a full frame would be nice for landscape and everyday shooting. Now I do not know what to do or how long to wait next new model. :scratch:

www.canon-europe.com
introduced two new cameras

EOS-1D Mark II N -NEW-
Features
8.2 MP CMOS sensor
8.5 fps/48 JPEG image burst
45-point AF
2.5" LCD
Picture Style image processing
DIGIC II
CF/SD card slots for JPEG/RAW image recording
Wide ISO range from L:50 to H:3200

and
EOS 5D -NEW-
Features
12.8 MP full frame CMOS sensor
3 fps 60 JPEG image burst
9-point AF with 6 Assist AF points
2.5" LCD
Picture Style image processing
DIGIC II
Records RAW/JPEG images
Digital Photo Professional software
Compact magnesium alloy body...

more on www.canon-europe.com

I would like a ff body with 1D's built and 5D's size! :)

With their edge on tech, I wonder why they would not consider a digital rangefinder with an M mount. That would be THE tool! :)

Hmmm....as long as the mount is staying the same it might be a good replacement for my 10D in a few years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back