Canon 5Dc not autofocusing...

Contegni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone

I just changed camera systems from Olympus to Canon and I bought a used Canon 5D Mark 1. I love it so far, but for some reason (likely that I don't know how to work it) the camera will not auto focus in any other mode than full auto. In full auto it focuses perfectly, so I'm lead to believe it's not a lens issue. Is there a setting somewhere that changes this? Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.

Mike

Consult the "Focus" section of the users manual. If you don't have the users manual you can download one from the Canon web site.

As a starting point you might have activated back button AF mode which would mean that the * or AFon button on the back of the camera will now control the AF on and off so far as the camera is concerned - this of course does not kick in in full auto (like a lot of custom functions).

As a starting point you might have activated back button AF mode which would mean that the * or AFon button on the back of the camera will now control the AF on and off so far as the camera is concerned - this of course does not kick in in full auto (like a lot of custom functions).

This

Most reactions

Back