What's new

Canon 60D

quackal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
I am looking at moving up from my XSi to the 60D and was curious as to whether anyone has been using one and what their feedback is on it (I know reviews have been favorable).

The only concern I have is how well the swing screen in the back holds up. I am not looking at the camera for video...strictly photos, however the 7D is a little more than I would like to spend right now.

I shoot as a hobby, mostly sports, (some landscape and miscellaneous), however at some point would like to get to a point where my stuff might be good enough to sell.

I own a Canon 70-200m f2.8 IS and the Canon 100-400m f4.5-5.6 IS, as well as the two kit lenses that came with the XSi.

Thanks for any feedback!
 
I just got the 60D a couple weeks ago. So far so good, Having a bit of trouble getting really sharp pictures so far, but thats more user error. I have read that it takes "softer" pictures, but i have seen lots that are very sharp as well.
The swing screen hasn't been an issue for me, you can swing it and rotate it so it fits on the camera just as a normal LCD screen on most cameras if you want.
 
I just got the 60D a couple weeks ago. So far so good, Having a bit of trouble getting really sharp pictures so far, but thats more user error. I have read that it takes "softer" pictures, but i have seen lots that are very sharp as well.
The swing screen hasn't been an issue for me, you can swing it and rotate it so it fits on the camera just as a normal LCD screen on most cameras if you want.


I bet if you were to get a prime lens or a L series lens the pictures would be very sharp as long as you dont induce camera shake and try to stick to the focal length/shutter speed rule. Kit lens are usually sharpest at f/8.

edit: Sorry I didnt pay attention to your sig. The 50 f/1.8 should be very sharp at f/4 to f/8.

Other options would be a used 40/50D. Sorry cant provide much feed back other than Ive played with it in the store.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom