Canon 70-200 f/2.8 IS....

z06-jim

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just placed an order with 'Adorama' for the 'Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS' taking advantage of the Canon $200 rebate offer!!!!...:biggrin:
Also ordered the Canon 2X extender...
Can't wait to try out this new lens....:D
Anybody have this combo and/or any comments on the quality of the Canon 2X Extender with this lens?....:neutral:

Ive heard the 2X extender doesn't really work too well with zooms. Its supposed to be good with primes though.

Well, it cuts the aperture two stops...
And a 1.3x cuts the aperture one stop.

I have it and it will work with that lens. If I put it on my 70-200 F4L, i lose autofocus. The 2.8 does fine.

I have that lens and both extenders. I will seldom use the 1.4 with it and never use the 2x with it. The 1.4 works fantastic on my 600 f/4 prime lens, and works "decent" on my 70-200. The 2x on the other hand is rubbish in my opinion, but keep in mind that my 2x is the mk I version.

I have the 1.4x on my 70-200 f4, and I find that ity hurts the autofocus speed.

I have the 1.4x on my 70-200 f4, and I find that ity hurts the autofocus speed.
clear.gif

Ah that sucks...

Well unfortunately my son, who lives out of town, called me bright and early this morning informing me of his recent financial problems and needed to 'borrow' some money....:meh:
As a result I cancelled my lens order for the present time but still hope to be able to purchase it before the rebate offer expires...:confused:
Thanks for all the comments and please keep them coming as I will eventually be purchasing this lens/extender combo....:thumbup:
If anybody has photo's showing the results of this lens using either of the Canon Extenders (1.4x or 2X) it would really help me on the future puchase and be much appreciated...:)

Most reactions

Back