Canon A540 launched with weather balloon = AWESOME!!!

codykodes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Wasn't sure who this would interest, but I launched a weather balloon with a digital camera payload attached on September 5th, which was lost when the GPS device failed, then recovered by a farmer on Sept 21st, who then contacted me so I could retrieve it! The pictures are great, and just wanted to share my story. I am an aspiring engineer student who hopes to attend U Texas at Dallas in 2011. Website: www.aerialparade.com.

Thank you for your time,

Cody Morris

IMG_1361_JPG.jpg

IMG_1432_JPG.jpg

where are the pictures of the secret government satellites and alien space station????? ha ha ha.... i'd love to be brave enough to let my cameras go flying away like this

Mike Leggero

http://www.michaelleggero.com

A very interesting project :)
If I might say though in the timelaps you make it might be worth slowing down the first series of shots (ie everything before it lands in the field). I found the fast stream through those shots distracting as I was unable to really see what the camera was showing - afterward when the frame is still on the ground the faster speed works well with the clouds.

A very interesting project :)
If I might say though in the timelaps you make it might be worth slowing down the first series of shots (ie everything before it lands in the field). I found the fast stream through those shots distracting as I was unable to really see what the camera was showing - afterward when the frame is still on the ground the faster speed works well with the clouds.

Agreed. I am currently working on tweaking things, adding text, and some music. Also have a documentary we are wrapping up in HD.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back