Canon body recomendation please

Mugen80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I will be taking a 35mm film class soon and wanted to get a recomendation on what canon body I should pick up. I would like to not spend more than 300 dollars if possible. Thanks in advance!

Well, I would stick with the EOS mount (not the older FD mount) if you plan on using the same lenses you use on your T1i. (The kit lens won't fit - the 50mm 1.8 will though.)

For $300 you can get a pretty good 35mm camera...

Canon EOS Camera Bodies - KEH.com

Don't be afrain to buy BGN grade - it's usually very good. I got a 1N RS for around $260 (I think...) there... That was BGN grade - looks pretty good. They have an EX+ rated one on there right now for $415. That will be pretty much brand new.

There's an EX+ EOS 3 on there for $245.

Dig around on there - there are some sweet deals. If you just want something for the class and don't really plan on using it much after that, they have a bunch of bodies for less than $50.

I have the 35mm EOS Rebel K2. Got it a few years ago for my college photography course. Nice camera, easy to use. Don't use it very much anymore, but I can't say anything bad about it!

Well, I would stick with the EOS mount (not the older FD mount) if you plan on using the same lenses you use on your T1i. (The kit lens won't fit - the 50mm 1.8 will though.)

For $300 you can get a pretty good 35mm camera...

Canon EOS Camera Bodies - KEH.com

Don't be afrain to buy BGN grade - it's usually very good. I got a 1N RS for around $260 (I think...) there... That was BGN grade - looks pretty good. They have an EX+ rated one on there right now for $415. That will be pretty much brand new.

There's an EX+ EOS 3 on there for $245.

Dig around on there - there are some sweet deals. If you just want something for the class and don't really plan on using it much after that, they have a bunch of bodies for less than $50.

Thanks! I am totally new to the 35mm world. I really plan on just using it for this class and perhaps your right, maybe I should just pick up a lower grade camera. I didnt even know what the standard price range was for a 35mm I just know that I didnt want to spend over 300. I didnt even know that the old EOS bodies would accept my 50mm lens. :lol:

Also what does BGN grade mean or refer to?

Also what does BGN grade mean or refer to?
Somewhere on there they have a description of each grade (maybe if you click on BGN ... I don't remember)...

Anyway, BGN basically means that it has some cosmetic flaws, but nothing that will affect the actual functioning of the camera.

UGLY grade - some things might not work, lol.

If something is broken/missing, it will say so in the description.

EDIT
Yes, click on the rating code, and a pop-up will open that tells you what each of them mean.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back