I used one of those in high school, and later in college, I picked one up in 1986. I used it for a while then passed it on to my brother. The Canonet was a great little camera design!!! It really was a nice mixture of almost everything good about rangefinders, 35mm film, and simple automation and in-camera metering and flash control. You know, the INTERLOCKING of the shutter speed and f/stop system is one that had been used beginning in the 1950's....Zeiss used that type of interlocking system with the shutter speeds controlled on the lens barrel, and Hasselblad also used that same type of system...I think that idea would really,truly help many beginners today, so they could literally SEE, and literally FEEL, the shutter speeds and f/stops being moved across the spectrum, marching in literal LOCK-STEP with one another...
There never used to be entire books devoted to the "exposure triangle"...many older photo text books showed a Hasselblad camera from above, and shoed the interlocked shutter speed and f/stop arrangement, and people immediately "got it". But once the metaphor became f/stops on the lens, and shutter speeds on the top deck, the actual "connectedness" of the f/stop and shutter speed became, somehow...elusive to many beginners.