Canon CR2 Compatibility with RSE/RSP

LateModelSedan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have been experimenting with RAW images and wanted to try my hand at HDR so i downloaded Raw Shooter Premium and apparently it does not support Canon's CR2 format. after a couple of hours googling possible solutions, the closest i have come to finding a resolution was to download Adobe's DNG Converter which does what it's supposed to do by converting the CR2 files to DNG files BUT Raw shooter still does not detect the files. has anyone encountered this problem and if so, has anyone found an effective workaround other than switching to Adobe Lightroom? any help is appreciated. thanks.

I don't know about RAW Shooter Premium...but I do know that each camera's RAW files are different. So while it may read CR2 files from one camera, it may not read CR2 files from a newer camera...without an update. For example, Lightroom or Photoshop have to be updated every few months, in order to accommodate the new cameras.

Come to think of it...RAWShooter was bought out by Adobe a few years back....I think they used some of that technology to make Lightroom. So in that case, it's unlikely that you will be able to update it to work with the files from a newer camera.

I sometimes use RAWShooter Essentials, but I use Canon 20Ds, which were supported before the buyout.

Most reactions

Back