Canon EOS 450D/XSI vs EOS 40D. pls help me making up my mind!

hmm it says that Canon EF 50mm f1.8 is an indoor photography lens and I dont take whole a lot of photos indoors at least not during the summer so yes I do need zoom :) but thanks anyway well if I won't be able to buy the 28-105 I may consider to buy the kit lens that comes with reble XTI/EOS 400D for around 100 US dollars :D
oh and thanks for the link I will check it later since I do not think I can afford any of the higher end zoom lenses right now especially the L ones :(

It just stinks that almost everything cost so much more here in Sweden compared to the States and Canada I could probably have bought EOS 40D + 28-135 IS USM lens and some accessories for 1500 dollars in North America but I am just so tired of using my old crappy HP 945 especially now in the summer when I really need a good camera for outdoor photography.

Last edited:
The EF 50mm f/1.8 is considered an indoor photography lens because its wide f/1.8 maximum aperture allows you to take photos in low light, which a slow f/5.6 kit lens is not going to be able to do. At 50mm the f/1.8 lens is 3.3 f-stops faster than an f/5.6 lens, meaning that it gathers 10 times as much light, allowing you to use a shutter speed that is 10 times as fast. This can be the difference between a nice photo and a blurry mess.

However, that definitely does not stop you from using the lens outdoors.

You might like this review:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-50mm-f-1.8-II-Lens-Review.aspx

yeah it does sound like a great and CHEAP lens I will probably buy it for indoor shots because I usually hate to use flash :D thanks for the link! I wonder what it will look like on the "huge" EOS 40D body ^^

now I just have to wait around a week for the camera to be delivered and its the waiting I hate the most :(

Last edited:
another update:

I have finally received the camera with 17-85 IS USM kit lens and my first impression was "holy crap! its huge and heavy!" with lens it feels like it weighs twice as much as a XTI/EOS 400D with 18-55 lens! but maybe its a good thing... lol I wonder what it will feel like once I have got a battery grip and larger lens :D well I am going to try out my new camera in the next few days and may will upload some photos on here soon :greenpbl:

here is the link to the photos I took with my new camera:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131679

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back