Canon EOS 80D or Tamron 150-600 G2 Issue? Focus Problem

SuzukiGS750EZ

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Recently my Canon 80D and Tamron 150-600 G2 have been having issues. I shoot a lot of sports and within a few minutes of turning the camera on with this lens, the focus will go haywire and not lock focus anywhere. It just focuses in and out like its focus hunting, except when i turn the camera off and back on it works fine until the next time. Any ideas? Would this be a camera issue or a lens issue?

I did, i tried it with my 55-250 and it seemed fine. I question if i used it long enough though. I don't know why all of the sudden it would be acting up. It hasn't been dropped or anything. Both the body and the lens went to tamron a few months ago so the lens could be adjusted to my camera and it had a clean bill of health. I just "reset" the lens in the tamron utility and reloaded the newest firmware out on my camera. I don't know what else to do or how to recreate it at home so i could do more testing. seemed i was at 400mm and longer and it would just focus in and out, almost getting to a sharp photo and then pulling back out again. Shut the camera off and it's back to normal.

Tamron decided to pay shipping for the lens and body, so we'll see what they decide to do.

AF mechanism needed repair/replacement.

Here's to a warrantee repair since if I recall you've only had this lens about 6-8 months.

Hopefully you'll have it back up and running at no cost.

Different company but similar problem with my Sigma 150-500 after just after a couple uses. It all of a sudden started hunting focus. It came back from warranty repair and to me it focuses much slower than before. I called them and they said that was original problem it was turned up and was focusing too fast. And broke an internal pin. Been a couple years now. So far so good.

Same issue with V1 of this lens and my 7D2. Didn’t have issue on my 1DX or other bodies. It’s a firmware issue with the lens and newer bodies. Never sent mine in though. It’s sitting in a box now after I bought the 100-400L v2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back