canon g7x mark ii vs lumumix lx10

thanks!

you can edit the raw file in the camera. then export it as a jpeg to your phone. yes, not a feature that interests me either. only customer i can think of who would use it is very picky press photographers.

thinking about it for a second, people are photographers who don't don the title or own the adobe license. it might be for very picky instagramers as well.

Last edited:
thanks!

you can edit the raw file in the camera. then export it as a jpeg to your phone. yes, not a feature that interests me either. only customer i can think of who would use it is very picky press photographers.

thinking about it for a second, people are photographers who don't don the title or own the adobe license. it might be for very picky instagramers as well.

Congrats on the new camera. In camera re-processing of raw files has become a common camera function. It's tedious but it does allow you to shoot first and worry about picture control settings later with no pressure to decide on the spot. Raw files are too large for wifi transfer to your phone. Camera wifi connections are a JPEG feature. I only save raw files and prefer transferring files with a card reader -- it's faster.

Joe

Man, I've seen your stuff and that Fujifilm X100T or F would have been perfect for you. It works so much like a film camera. The advantage in that is the ability to create stand operating procedures. Oh well, have fun with your new camera.

I never worry about screen covers these days. I would concentrate on finding a fast-transfer memory card reader. Consider it to be your film drop counter clerk!

This is transferring your images via wifi or cable.

This is transferring via a usb 3.0 card reader.

100 percent agree with you, jcdeboever. if digital becomes more than a practice tool -- expecting it results in some keepers as well -- that line is in my future. i have a bit of gear acquisition syndrome, creating tough competition for this new digital after the initial novelty wears off. that i can throw it in my pocket gives it a dog in the fight. plus i'm excited about how different this thing is from anything else that i have.

thanks, Ysarex. the reason i felt the in-camera raw editing and ability to send results to phone is an esoteric feature combo is because i assume most who shoot in raw are doing very careful post that is more desktop than camera appropriate. except for those who need to publish or send in right then and there with quality beyond that of a modern phone.

my pops offered me a card reader and i told him no because i thought i had a cord that fits. i don't. will let him know i'd like to take him up on that offer.

the subtlety of the flip up screen, quiet shutter, and not winding helps with shooting even friends and family without getting strained reactions.

Last edited:
I left you a message on your Kodachrome 64 IG image. I think you'll find that small-format digital has some big advantages for street work, namely the deep DOF it delivers at surprisingly wide f/stops! I've shot close-up product shots for eBay and CL using my small Canon G and studio flash, and I can DEEP DOF at f/3.0, DOF that would require around f/13 toi f/16 on a 24 x 36 format shot. Same thing holds true at longer distances in the 10 to 40 feet range; the compact digital sensor size is small, so it uses short lens lengths for every picture angle of view, even tele shots. As I see it, that is the biggest single advantage of compact digital cameras for reportage/social/street uses. tahere have been a few MIddle East hotspot photojournalists who've gone with P&S cameras to cover war-torn areas, for various reasons, but one of them is to be less obtrusive, and also because the cameras themselves can do deep DOF shots at FAST apertures at close distances, which is just not possible with a big Canon on Nikon FF camera sensor and its 20mm-24mm lens length for wide-angle shots.

I like fujifilm's in camera raw converter, very convenient and seems to do a great job.

buying the mark ii was a mistake and i sold it without ever taking a photo i liked with it first. it was way too different from the analog cameras i'm used to and i could not use it quickly enough for my style of photography. it did not remember previous settings once turned off and then on, which was specifically a problem for focal length. fortunately these digital cameras don't lose much value once used, and i sold it for close to what i bought it for.

i should have listened and looked at the x100 series. but i really, really appreciate a camera that fits in my pants pocket. that's why i love the olympus xa, despite it not being nearly as sharp as the internet raves.

Most reactions

Back