canon off camera flash

joey-cakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i am currently using a canon rebel XT and a Quantaray QDC-900WA. I want to take this flash off camera. If you cant tell already im low budget. What would be the cheapest way to take this flash off camera and get creative. I've already searched on Strobist and i havent had much luck. Though from what i gather i would have to use a PC cord and two of those adaptors one for my hot shoe and one the flash. would that be the cheapest way? im not doing anything professional just some photography as an outlet for creativity.

thanks in advance for any help you guys throw out there.

You can get a third party hot shoe cord for around $30 US in some stores. I bought mine on ebay and it supports Ettl metering.

Cactus triggers = $30
Elinchrom Skyports = $185
Sync cable = $15
Optical slave = $20

Some options. The Skyports would be the most reliable and the absolute cheapest you could go without sacrificing reliability. The Cactus triggers are cheap and some time unreliable, but a great way to start out to see if you can get the hang of things and want to continue with it. Sync cables are 100% reliable if they're kept in good working condition and the optical slaves a great when used within their limitations...like anywhere that a large light source won't interfere with their operations (in doors).

Also, keep your eye open for Radio Poppers. They're supposed to be releasing a jr. model one day that they said will cost $25 a piece for the trigger set. That might be a viable alternative if they can pull it off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back