Canon PowerShot S95 announcement

I've been looking for a high quality compact for scout work and may drop for this or if a new G-series camera is unveiled haha. Torn between something like the G9/G11 or the S90/S95.

Well, I can tell you that the S90 is fantastic. I just returned from vacation with my family and took both my camera's. Brought the S90 when we went out dinner, putt putt, amusement park, stuff like that. The pictures from it are great, even the ones in low light like putt putt at night and inside of restaraunts.

I also am debating the S9X or a GX. I like the compactness of the S cameras but want the ability to use flash, preferably off camera the G series supports this it seems but the S series don't. I admit I probably wont use this feature much if ever, but its a I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it sort of things. Damn, so tough to decide.

I'll probably be picking up an S90 or S95 (still not sure if the 95 will be worth the extra cost...). I want a pocket camera, but still want control and decent IQ. The S90/95 looks right up my alley.

I want a pocket camera, but still want control and decent IQ. The S90/95 looks right up my alley.

Those were my requirements exactly. And considering the ability to shoot in RAW you still have the ability to post process, reduce noise, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back