Canon printer advice

Original katomi

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi all, I am planning to change printers.
I do photography as a hobby, I currently have the canon pixma is 6550 5 ink A3 printer.
I am looking at the canons pro series. The canon pro 1 or the pro 10/10s the pro 1 has more inks
Both have more inks than my current printer.
Question as a hobbyist photographer/home image printer are all the extra colours worth the cost.
All thought are welcome, just in advance I plan to stay in the canon range. And I a. Limited to windows 7. Upgrading to win 10 is NOT an option
I know there are some nice Epsom printers but I am kind of geared to the canon series.
Thanks

I have an older (non-wireless) version of the Pixma Pro 100 and have been very happy with it.

But, since it is the only photo printer I have ever owned, I don't know how much better it may or may not be.

Sorry I should have said it’s A3 printers I am looking at and Questioning are the extra colours worth it being a hobbyist photographer

Here's a comparison between the Canon Pro 1 and Canon Pro 100. The essential difference is the Pro 1 uses pigment inks and the Pro 100 uses dye inks.

Pro 1 product review:

FWIW: I have the Canon Pro 1 that I bought on a good deal. Got the sale price, and Canon sent me a rebate card. Essentially net $100 plus shipping. Shipping wasn't cheap, though because this thing is a beast. Big and heavy.

Note: these are not just A3 size, but will also print up to 13" x 19" and will handle art grade papers. I think if you do a lot of printing, and can afford it, they are very nice printers.

Thanks I will put the ear phones in later and watch

Most reactions

New Topics

Back