What's new

Canon Rebel or Panasonic G1

jerseymel

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 1, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I realize this may be comparing apples to oranges, but any input would be appreciated.

A bit about me:

I took photography in High School a million years ago and vaguely remember learning about f stops and light meters and the like, but have used automatic point and shoot cameras for a long time. I love taking pictures (mostly of my 3 children, sometimes of food) and would like to upgrade to a DSLR to take nicer ones.

I first looked at the Canon because I read several places it is a good camera to upgrade to, but then ran across the G1. I realize the G1 is a 3/4 (oh wait, 4/3, right?) and therefore a slightly different animal, but I was thinking it would suit my needs and it's $100 cheaper (and comes with 2 lenses). I would not spend more than $500 for a camera right now, btw. (in case you were going to suggest some other camera that costs more).

Will I regret not buying the Canon later on? They both got good reviews and I don't think either will be a *bad* choice, but I thought I'd get the opinions of people who probably know what they're talking about and have actually maybe tried both cameras. Thank you!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom