Canon Rebel Worth The Money?

clicker576

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have been looking at the digital Canon's lately, and am wondering what the best pro camera is out there for magazine publishing work (I work for "O" magazine). I heard the Rebel can't be beat - anyone with any opinions on this camera?

Thanks
Mel
Your Photography in Soap!
Become a Reseller at www.icandysoaps.com

Its not the best canon camera out there, try the EOS-1Ds Mark III which is body only for 7 grand. :lol:

if the rebel is the best for you, go for it.

Canon's Rebel line is a good consumer product line, mostly aimed at the new / amature photographer. While it is capable to nice shots (in the hands of competent shooters with knowledge and good lenses), it is not a pro camera.

You will not find a working professional (to my knowledge) who works with a Rebel as a main body.

The next line up from the Rebels - 40D, 50D, 7D are pro-sumer cameras. More expensive, they offer more options, better low light shooting, faster shooting and so on.

Then you step up to the pro cameras... the 1D and 5D series.

Think of the cameras as a car manufacturer's lineup... they have entry level stuff, mid range stuff, and luxury stuff. Goes up in price, get better options. They are all capable cars and will get you from point a to point b

Most reactions

Back