Canon Rebel Xs

filmbw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
$image-4024765479.jpg

Hullo there,

I have recently got my hands on a film camera called the rebel Xs by canon. I was curious to find out about which lenses I can use for this camera. From what I understand canon Lenses with the EF mount work perfectly with this camera. I tried searching on the web for other lenses which I can use but could not find substantial information. I plan on getting few second hand lenses to begin shooting. If
There is anyone out there who can help me choose my lenses or help me with any uni regarding them. It would be of great help.

As you've noted, any Canon or other brand EF lenses will work on your Xs. Just the EFS lenses won't work. Tamron, Sigma and others make EF lenses.

Are you sure the latest lens from tamaron and sigma lens would work on this camera

No Canon EOS cameras support the FD mount. Canon made the choice to do away with FD and all compatibility with it when they moved to the EOS mount. The only way you can use an FD lens on an EOS body is to use an adaptor. However this adaptor needs to have a glass element in it to restore infinity focus. Canon only made a smaller number of these adaptors and they sell for quite large sums when they rarely appear for sale - otherwise the only other ones on the market that I'm aware of are very cheap ebay ones where the quality isn't that high.

Can someone tell me which line of tamaron or sigma lens support the EF mount

Most reactions

New Topics

Back