Canon Service Centers

suki

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need to send in my Rebel for service and found two centers off of Canon's websites, wanted to know if anyone has used these and what their experience with them has been.

If you haven't used either of these, where do you send your camera's to get serviced?

Business Name Address Phone Distance Important Information Canon Factory Service Center

FSC Repair Form
12022 Canon Boulevard ,
Newport News VA 23606
Get Directions 866-510-1335 1509.82 miles Mail-In Only Canon Express Service Center

ASF Repair Form
15955 Alton Parkway ,
Irvine CA 92618
Get Directions 949-753-4200 799.07 miles We recommend that you call this facility first, to be sure they can assist you.

So, no one's camera has ever needed service? Wow, Canon is amazing!

I use California, and never had a problem.

I sent mine from Alaska to the VA center to get some warrenty work and had it back at my house in under 2 weeks.

I've had my 24mm f/1.4L serviced by Canon. I remember taking about 2 weeks all done thru my local camera shop.

I send my equipment to New Jersey. Home Base for Canon. If you like, I will dig out the address. Email me at [email protected]

Please post the address here for future reference. I'm in NJ and I had no idea that Canon was based out of NJ. Its so much easier going direct.

I've had my 24mm f/1.4L serviced by Canon. I remember taking about 2 weeks all done thru my local camera shop.

I send my equipment to New Jersey. Home Base for Canon. If you like, I will dig out the address. Email me at [email protected]

Please post the address here for future reference. I'm in NJ and I had no idea that Canon was based out of NJ. Its so much easier going direct.

Canon USA, Inc
Factory Service Center
100 Jamesburg Road
Jamesburg, NJ 08831

work
(732) 521-7007
work
(800) 828-4040
fax
(732) 521-7069

Remember, if you are signed up with Canon Professional Services (CPS), you will receive faster service.

I bought a canon battery grip (BG-E6) for my canon 5d mark II and noticed after a few weeks that the plastic gear inside the grip broke, yes, canon installs a plastic gear which drives a metal gear to tighten the grip to the body, needless to say after x amount of tightening and loosening the plastic gear strips.
I send it back under warranty and was told the grip will be returned fixed or replaced within 7 days.
...Nothing for three weeks…
i called and was told they did not have a grip in stock and that i would receive my item before friday that week
...Nothing…
Called the following week and was told the phone lines are down in California.

"Andrew" from the canon factory service center in irvine, ca. called me later that day and said that a replacement grip was never ordered !
he than patronizingly told me that i don't have to pay anything as if that should make me feel good now.
(May i remind you that this was a warranty claim)
(There is always a certain arrogance and incompetence about these people.)

I asked him to keep the defective grip and send me a check for reimbursement since i did not like the fact that it had a design flaw and that i can get ripped off for much less (2 1/2 $ less)
…he had to go and talk to someone i assume...
after he came back he told me it is not in canon's policy to do that.
(Seems like that canon does not have the decency to make good after they rip you off with an overpriced and flawed product)

I like my camera but canon is doing a really bad job with its service ! I find it flat out insulting !

Seems to be a repeating pattern: Ones they have success and built a huge customer base they don't care anymore, because they know exactly that if just a few customers switch to nikon (and what makes me think nikon is going to be a better experience anyway) this is not going to hurt them so they can afford to stay ignorant and cut corners.

By the way, as i am writing this it's 5 weeks now and i don't really now if i get my grip back at all, thinking about of ordering me an aftermarket grip for about $100, at least you feel less ripped off when you noticed the plastic parts inside.

This is my experience with the pathetic canon factory service ( I think they don't like to be so responsive on warranty claims, a repair order i think works better )

Most reactions

Back