Canon XSi firmware

mightee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I want to buy an XSi body on the cheap that has no software, cables or CD. Bow would I go about installing firmware and getting this thing working? I know I would need an interface cable, but what kind? And where can I get the software?

Thanks!

The firmware is built-into the camera, you don't have to load it unless it has somehow been wiped clean, and I've never heard of that happening. The software that usually comes with the camera is utility software, but it's certainly not required.

+1, I've been using mine just fine out the box without having to run any type of software

It's prophotonation.com ... They're a wholesaler. The guy on the phone was adament about the body not having any "firmware or operating system" on the camera. But there's got to be a way to get the full firmware and get it on there, right?

$200 can't be beat.

bhphoto.com
adorama.com
newegg.com - good to order from if you live on the West Coast and shoot Canon

With VERY RARE exception these are the ONLY websites you should buy camera equipment from - anywhere else is often either illegitimate or more expensive.

Blast, I really thought I'd be able to do this on the cheap. I can't believe there's no way to install the firmware... well, I really can't believe that a camera body exists without it in the first place, but I DOUBLE can't believe that I couldn't get it on myself. You would think this would be something that someone with too much time on their hands would have figured out how to do.

I doubt that this camera is actually missing the firmware and operating system. That's just one of the extras they're going to sell you when you call to place your order.

If you decline the extras, the camera will suddenly be out of stock.

Buy somewhere else.

Think about it - who is likely the only people that can install the operating system of the camera? Canon. Why would Canon even ship one out with no operating system on it?

this is VERY similar to Camera Giants. One of the biggest scams. Ones several companies under different names, all doing the same scam tactic... search it up.

Blast, I really thought I'd be able to do this on the cheap. I can't believe there's no way to install the firmware... well, I really can't believe that a camera body exists without it in the first place, but I DOUBLE can't believe that I couldn't get it on myself. You would think this would be something that someone with too much time on their hands would have figured out how to do.

It's not whether it can or can't be done, it's about how hard they'll be laughing on the way to the bank while you're holding nothing but your dick in your hands.

Most reactions

Back