Canon XTI users, I need help..Please!

michelle1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my xti (first digital camera I have ever had), so I was hoping to find someone that can answer some questions. What setting do you keep your camera to keep the best quality. Sometimes when I shoot it will say "BUSY", am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to change color to black and white? Is there a way to change a part of your picture to b/w and leave the rest color, or visa versa? See I told you I had some questions...believe it or not I still have lots more, but my brain can only retain so much at one time.:mrgreen: Thanks!

Hello...am I working this message the right way?

Help, all you photoforum users...is this message being posted somewhere? If so where?

I think I must be too old or too stupid (could even be both) to understand how to get a message on here, or where it gets posted.

I just got my xti (first digital camera I have ever had), so I was hoping to find someone that can answer some questions. What setting do you keep your camera to keep the best quality. Sometimes when I shoot it will say "BUSY", am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to change color to black and white? Is there a way to change a part of your picture to b/w and leave the rest color, or visa versa? See I told you I had some questions...believe it or not I still have lots more, but my brain can only retain so much at one time.:mrgreen: Thanks!

Hi Michelle, Welcome. I'll try to help.

1-What setting do you keep your camera to keep the best quality.
You need to shoot RAW or Large Fine at ISO 100 for highest quality.

2-Sometimes when I shoot it will say "BUSY", am I doing something wrong?
This is because you are using flash or have taken the limit of sequential shots. This is normal

3-Is there a way to change color to black and white?
This can be found in the menu under parameters.

4-Is there a way to change a part of your picture to b/w and leave the rest color, or visa versa?
This is called selective coloring. It cannot be done with the camera. You need to use postprocessing software like Paint shop pro or Photoshop.

Read your manual thoroughly

Hi Michelle, Welcome. I'll try to help.

1-What setting do you keep your camera to keep the best quality.
You need to shoot RAW or Large Fine at ISO 100 for highest quality.

2-Sometimes when I shoot it will say "BUSY", am I doing something wrong?
This is because you are using flash or have taken the limit of sequential shots. This is normal

3-Is there a way to change color to black and white?
This can be found in the menu under parameters.

4-Is there a way to change a part of your picture to b/w and leave the rest color, or visa versa?
This is called selective coloring. It cannot be done with the camera. You need to use postprocessing software like Paint shop pro or Photoshop.

Read your manual thoroughly
=============
Are you a professional...you sound like you know what you are doing...unlike me! The problem I am having is when I take photos and send them to someone, the file is huge, I don't want to loose the quality, so what do you suggest?

Are you a professional...you sound like you know what you are doing...unlike me! The problem I am having is when I take photos and send them to someone, the file is huge, I don't want to loose the quality, so what do you suggest?

No, I don't shoot professionally.

There are many different kinds of software to help you resize a photo, two of which I mentioned above (selective coloring). However, I would suggest installing Digital Photo Professional that came with your camera. This will allow you to adjust, sharpen, crop, resize and convert your photos very easily. For web images, I would recommend resizing to 640x480 or smaller.

good luck

You'll find your messages under User CP (top right) under subscriptions.
I can't seem to find subscriptions, boy this isn't easy being the new gal!
:hail:

No, I don't shoot professionally.

There are many different kinds of software to help you resize a photo, two of which I mentioned above (selective coloring). However, I would suggest installing Digital Photo Professional that came with your camera. This will allow you to adjust, sharpen, crop, resize and convert your photos very easily. For web images, I would recommend resizing to 640x480 or smaller.

good luck

=======
If I resize to 640x will this effect the quality, if say, I wanted to make a 11x14?

If I resize to 640x will this effect the quality, if say, I wanted to make a 11x14?

Yes but you make a copy before you resize then you can keep the original when you print, and the copy gets sent to people. Please don't click the post button multiple times. It does work the first time.

sounds like you jumped the gun on buying a digital camera and your going to have to take it slow to learn.

To take a black and white picture simply press the middle button on the 4 pad on the camera and select monochrome.

The XTI can not do selective coloring built in so you'll need an editing program.

defiantly install the digital photo professional software that came with your XTI. As far as loosing quality. dont worry about it, at a resolution of 3888x2592 you can easily take it down to 640x480 to email to a friend.

be sure to always keep your ORIGINAL picture and then make a copy of it that you edit (resize). the gimp (google it) is a free editing program but like i said install the one that came with your camera.

the busy is because your most likely shooting on AUTO mode and that will automatically put up the flash, after so many times the flash fires it needs to recharge that is why the busy signal is coming up.

and as already said, please only post once, the posts are working. Don't be scared to ask questions but remember that A) this is a forum that is visited by people all over the world so for example where i am it is 10am and where you are it could be 10pm so you have to give people time to respond back. and B) its always a good idea to read over the manual especially when you are so new to something like you are.

Most reactions

Back