What's new

canon xti vs canon xt

mhandy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 15, 2011
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I currently use a canon xt (I know it's old). It has done well for me since that is all I have and cannot afford something new at this point. A friend of mine offered to straight up give me his xti and I am wondering if any of you have any feedback on that camera. I figure if it's free to me it will be an upgrade to what I currently have even though it's only a 2 megapixel jump.

thoughts?
 
I currently use a canon xt (I know it's old). It has done well for me since that is all I have and cannot afford something new at this point. A friend of mine offered to straight up give me his xti and I am wondering if any of you have any feedback on that camera. I figure if it's free to me it will be an upgrade to what I currently have even though it's only a 2 megapixel jump.

thoughts?

It will be an upgrade from the XT for sure. But megapixels are fairly irrelevant. I'd go for it if he's giving it to you, sell the XT and buy a new lens.
 
You'll also get the newer 9 point AF system, which is said to be more accurate than the previous 7 point one. I also think the sensor cleaning system was introduced in the XTi. It's all the little things, not just the two additional megapixels. Well, what can I say, I have a big sentiment for XTi since it was my first DSLR. And the Rebel XS I have now is pretty much based on the XTi.
 
i have had the xti for for about 3 years and it is a great camera. i have been tore over getting a new body or another lens. and well as much as i want a nice fancy body the lens will make a difference more than the body. i have a few prints at 20x30 with my xti that look great. im not sure about much bigger than that and have not tried. the xti is a great camera and still uses your CF cards not the new SD ones..... another reason i have not swapped bodies.
 
I've had the xti for a few years now and have no major complaints. Still takes a great picture...and just like the previous poster, I too have printed as big as 20 x 30 with very good quality.
 
i have had the xti for for about 3 years and it is a great camera. i have been tore over getting a new body or another lens. and well as much as i want a nice fancy body the lens will make a difference more than the body. i have a few prints at 20x30 with my xti that look great. im not sure about much bigger than that and have not tried. the xti is a great camera and still uses your CF cards not the new SD ones..... another reason i have not swapped bodies.

A lot of cameras use CF cards still. Instead of SD cards. CF cards have a parallel interface, and SD cards have a serial interface, allowing for faster write speeds to a CF card.
 
thanks guys. Not sure how much i could even sell my xt for, but it's nice to now that it wil be a pretty good upgrade for FREE!
 
i have had the xti for for about 3 years and it is a great camera. i have been tore over getting a new body or another lens. and well as much as i want a nice fancy body the lens will make a difference more than the body. i have a few prints at 20x30 with my xti that look great. im not sure about much bigger than that and have not tried. the xti is a great camera and still uses your CF cards not the new SD ones..... another reason i have not swapped bodies.

A lot of cameras use CF cards still. Instead of SD cards. CF cards have a parallel interface, and SD cards have a serial interface, allowing for faster write speeds to a CF card.

a lot less are using the CF cards now. the 7D and up from canon use the CF with just a couple of them using a CF / SD mix. i know the 60D and everything lower that is currently for sale uses SD cards. all P/S use SD cards of some sort. im not familiar with Nikon and the ones that use CF but please do tell us i have been looking at a newer body for some time but can not find one that is comfy with my hands and uses the CF card.
 
I think Canon is keeping its more entry level bodies on SD cards since people buying into that market are likely to be moving up from a point and shoot/bridge, so the fact that they can still use their SD cards helps encourage them to move (plus lessens the cost/resistance to the big purchase). Whilst those on the higher end cameras are on the CF cards where higher costs are not as much of a barrier because its now a quality game not a cheapness game as such.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom